French Bottles (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 13, 2024
Funster No
MH
Looking
Hi, I know there are loads of posts about French gas but I can't findy exact question.

Does anyone know the easiest bottle to buy in terms of availability?
It looks like Clairegaz is the cheapest from Leclerc with the smallest deposit. Is that what others have found. Are there plenty of Lecercs about for when I need to exchange.

I'm already in France using a Spanish bottle currently. Have the connector for the Spanish one and a UK Calor bottle.

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Le Cube are readily available, €22 for an exchange, if I read it correctly when I was getting a refill €39 for a new customer bottle.

Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
There are as you say a range of gas bottles in France including Le Cube and Clairegaz as a couple of the most common. The most important thing is the bottle connector which is different for many of the bottle suppliers. I don’t know enough about Spanish connectors but best check compatibility. A UK Calor connector will not fit any of the French bottles. Before I changed to a Safefill refillable gas bottle which I can refill in service stations, I used to carry 3 different gas pigtails giving a range of choice of connecting between any of the common European gas bottles and my regulator.

Eleclerc supermarkets are everywhere!

Hope this is helpful.
Jim

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
There are as you say a range of gas bottles in France including Le Cube and Clairegaz as a couple of the most common. The most important thing is the bottle connector which is different for many of the bottle suppliers. I don’t know enough about Spanish connectors but best check compatibility. A UK Calor connector will not fit any of the French bottles. Before I changed to a Safefill refillable gas bottle which I can refill in service stations, I used to carry 3 different gas pigtails giving a range of choice of connecting between any of the common European gas bottles and my regulator.

Eleclerc supermarkets are everywhere!

Hope this is helpful.
Jim

Do any of them have 21.8 LH thread connection, which would allow me to just connect my 37Mb regulator direct onto the cylinder?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
There are generally two types of adaptors used for French cylinders:

20mm clip-on adaptor used for example Elfi, Malice & Twiny.
https://www.gasproducts.co.uk/gaslow-20mm-clip-on-adaptor.html

27mm clip-on adaptor used for example Butagaz, Antargaz Le Cube
https://www.gasproducts.co.uk/gaslow-27mm-clip-on-adaptor-top-entry.html

Both are attached to standard vehicle regulators with the pigtail below:

https://www.gasproducts.co.uk/20-148-propane-butane-gas-pigtail-butane-nut-x-w20.html

If you go to the gas products website via the links you can get more info and prices.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Do any of them have 21.8 LH thread connection, which would allow me to just connect my 37Mb regulator direct onto the cylinder?
The 'large' gas bottles in France (about 13kgs) have the LHT thread.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back