freezing weather and macerators

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by Sundowners, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +2,000
    I conitnued to use my Flojet macerator during the freezing weather, I always left it standing upright so that any water would drain out --------------------BUT I left it in my box trailer, not within the (relative) warmth of the 5th wheel's lockers.
    The result is a destroyed impeller, I think that the rubber material would not flex in the extreme cold, am I right????:cry: The good news is that the impeller is not expensive, was easy to obtain in this Country or hard to fit!!!!!!!!
    The bad news----------------it stopped pumping while emptying the black tank:Doh::Doh::Blush:
    Nigel

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +33,540
    Hi Nigel

I've used mine throughout the winter and being lazy I store it under the van still attached to the hose..:Blush: a couple of times the water left in the hose was frozen .. but the pump was ok, I wouldn't have thought that extreme cold would have damaged the impeller .. I may just have been lucky ..

Cheers

Jim

3. Spacerunner

Spacerunner

Ratings:
    +196

I presume that's what is meant by 'tough shhh...you-know-what':ROFLMAO: