LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Has anyone got a freego e bike, either the wren or regancy model. Looking at getting one next year for the wife. Good or bad points please.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No knowledge of these particular ones but things to consider when buying:
  • can the batteries be charges off the bike (some can't)
  • how much is a new battery & how easy is it to take off
  • how heavy is the bike (some are very heavy and can be a pig to use if your battery goes flat!)
  • will your bike rack (if you use one) able to take the weight, and can you lift it!
  • how easy is it to remove the rear wheel if you get a flat tyre (some mean dismantling lots of bits)

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
My wife has a regency 24 Green for nearly 4 years, she rates the bike very good,we have cycled for over 25 miles and battery still had power
the only thing we have had go wrong is the crank sensor for the speed pickup Freego sent a new kit under warranty and I fitted it in
about 10 mins, what ever make you get make sure 36volt,250 watt and li-on battery biggest you can get for the bike
also make sure you charge the batteries at least every 2 months and dont leave them on the bike in the winter take them inside

I have whoosh montain bike they are cheaper but finnish is not so good Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
We are also considering a Freego fold up bike. Very impressed but also considering the MK3 Electro from AS Bikes which upon viewing on line could be the same bike apart from the different brakes. Can't decide!

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I had a Freego and was happy with it. Only changed because I found a much lighter e bike which suits my arthritic body better.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Very helpful. Although we carry bikes in mhm garage weight is still an issue. Could I be cheeky and ask which ones you settled on?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
We changed to GoCycle which are great but expensive. Paid extra to have the carrying cases but they are very compact when folded down into them. This works for us because we keep the motorhome on a storage site and I can fit the two bikes into my VW UP, one in the boot and one on the back seat. Sometimes leave them in the car when we are towing it and transfer them to the garage when I put them together for use.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Thank you. Will check these out. Need to get the Lidl shopping on back!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back