Free WiFi at C&CC sites

Sep 7, 2018
West London
MH
Swift Spirit 664
Exp
Since 2018
It will be NOFI when the sites are busy with everyone trying to get on it. A good data package that supports tethering is the way to go.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
kent
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think it was only £25 per annum before that Janine.

It was so crap though that we didn’t use it.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
It's free. There was a members survey last year and I suggested they go the same way the continental sites are going. So perhaps they do listen to members, sometimes.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Free, not free, depends on how you look at it. The problem is the quality. Same on the trains - why bother even saying it is available when it is worse than useless - sometimes even for email.

IF they can get fibre to the site (big if) then the technology exists to give a quality wifi service to all. To watch streamed Netflix can be done with as little as 4Mb/s - even a service at 8Mb/s would really be quite acceptable.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Blimey- what are you lot like? I’ll keep it to myself next time!
Must admit I'm surprised at the reaction to your useful post!

From the March edition of the C&CC magazine which was delivered yesterday (page 14):

"Club Sites get more connected" - Wi-fi is now free at the majority of Club Sites thanks to a programme to expand and improve services throughout the network. Coverage and range has also been extended at 29 different Club Sites, meaning the average wi-fi speed at the majority of sites should be, under usual circumstances, perfect to shop online, search and book campsites, or check emails and social media... ...Free wi-fi now covers more than 85% of the Club's UK site network."

Sounds pretty good to me. (y)

Sep 12, 2016
Argeles Sur Mer France
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6500 miles and 188 nights
Must admit I'm surprised at the reaction to your useful post!

From the March edition of the C&CC magazine which was delivered yesterday (page 14):

"Club Sites get more connected" - Wi-fi is now free at the majority of Club Sites thanks to a programme to expand and improve services throughout the network. Coverage and range has also been extended at 29 different Club Sites, meaning the average wi-fi speed at the majority of sites should be, under usual circumstances, perfect to shop online, search and book campsites, or check emails and social media... ...Free wi-fi now covers more than 85% of the Club's UK site network."

Sounds pretty good to me. (y)

I got my email last night telling me about it but not read until now

Nov 22, 2007
East Yorkshire
MH
Rapido "A" Class, Mecedes
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Most site WiFi, whether free or not, tends to be of lacklustre quality, with variable bandwidth issues. I personally have gone the MiFi route, piggy backing onto my Cell Phone. I can run up to 10 devices on it (allegedly) But it does cope with 2 I-Pads and a laptop simultaneously for surfing. never tried streaming, but I am told that it is possible on a 4G signal?.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
MH
A-Class Fiat
I noted at NEC today that they have decided (from 19Mar, I think) to provide WiFi for free "on most sites".
I cannot imagine anyone being able to stream data on such services. i'd expect it to break-up. I think the problems with low bandwidth come from too many requests being made simultaneously.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Hotels - like the Premier Inn - manage to provide a two tier wifi network... the slow speed for web, email etc if free but the high speed, high volume option is chargeable.
I think this is a good idea.

Nov 22, 2007
East Yorkshire
MH
Rapido "A" Class, Mecedes
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Has anyone else noticed that when you "sign up" for many of the "free" WiFi access options, you finish up with an inbox full of cr*p.?. ( the only "solution" I have found is to have a separate E-Mail address for this purpose?) But that wont work with the C&CC or CC I suspect.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services