Free sat box that records for my camping car. (1 Viewer)

judy49

Free Member
Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
Hi I am looking for a box that will record in my camping car, I only have one input from the satellite dish and most of the boxes that record need two inputs. I would also be interested if anyone has found a box that has a usb port so I could put films on a usb stick and play them in the camper. Thank you in advance.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
My TV has a couple of USB ports that I use to watch stuff recorded at home. You only need two inputs to your Sat Box if you wish to view and record at the same time.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We have a Humax box and record and fill up at home and then take away with us as no telly further south . But if you are in an area to get the television and want to record a program when away I guess you need a double LMB

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Hi I am looking for a box that will record in my camping car, I only have one input from the satellite dish and most of the boxes that record need two inputs.
You could change the LMB on the satellite dish to a Dual LMB so you have two outputs from the dish ,however as already said this is only needed if you want to watch one channel while recording a second channel.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
On my humax free sat box HDR I can use just one LNB then loop at the back of the box then I can record 2 programmes and watch another.I can then copy them to a flash drive and then to my computer and then to a sd card to use in another Box to watch while away and we haven't got satellite.

OP
OP
judy49

judy49

Free Member
Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
You could change the LMB on the satellite dish to a Dual LMB so you have two outputs from the dish ,however as already said this is only needed if you want to watch one channel while recording a second channel.
Thank's but i don't need to record 2 programs really and don't want to put an extra line in.

OP
OP
judy49

judy49

Free Member
Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
On my humax free sat box HDR I can use just one LNB then loop at the back of the box then I can record 2 programmes and watch another.I can then copy them to a flash drive and then to my computer and then to a sd card to use in another Box to watch while away and we haven't got satellite.
Thank you. Sorry I don't really understand tv's I only just plug it in and hope for the best. What is a loop? Does it need equipment is there a beginners guide?

OP
OP
judy49

judy49

Free Member
Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
We have a Humax box and record and fill up at home and then take away with us as no telly further south . But if you are in an area to get the television and want to record a program when away I guess you need a double LMB
Yes this is what I want to do but only have one line in and the Humax reviews on Amazon say that Humax wont work very well with only one line in!

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Use a humax box at home and same in van but don't buy 12 v lead of internet as the only ones I've seen are 2 amp and humax needs 4 amps no problems with it

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
We have a single LMB so I am told but it has 4 ports ! Does that help ?
that sounds like it is a quad LMB ( as in 4 outputs ) so you can connect anything from 1 to 4 cables between the sat dish/LMB and the satellite receiver.
i am pretty sure you can run any receiver using just 1 single core connection , it will just mean that you cannot watch one channel while recording the other , or be able to pause / rewind the channel you are watching.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you. Sorry I don't really understand tv's I only just plug it in and hope for the best. What is a loop? Does it need equipment is there a beginners guide?
This is what I mean by a loop and then just one LNB is used to record 2programmes and watch a different one .They must be on the same wavelength I've been told but a more knowledgeable person will tell you how. My husband used to do all this but I've not used it since he passed away.

Attachments

• IMG_20171114_154036.jpg
    IMG_20171114_154036.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 15

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back