FREE-LOADERS? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A little but not very well.

and Fray Bentos is the same in Portuguese .. (y)

the only other phrases needed for a freeloader in Portugal are

onde posso despejar esgoto ?

onde posso despejar água cinza sujo ?

wher posso libertar camp ? ;)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Ok, does that mean that most Portuguese can speak English??

Most younger Portuguese people speak a bit if English...

Unlike Spain, Portugal does not dub the films but use sub-titles and so lots of urban youth speak English (with American accents).

In the touristy Algarve lots of locals speak English.

But I can get by in Portuguese with words and lots of miming... just don't ask me to chat about Einstein's theory of relativity in it...

JJ :cool:

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Quite few "free loading " funsters in maroc this year doing their bit just the same as the rest of us so don't be to hasty critisieing other people doing it their way .:rolleyes: .
Oi I'll have you know that I was paying nearly 70p a night in Tafraoute :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
"I am indeed a lucky, lucky man..."

JJ :cool:[/QUOTE]

Oh lucky man... you were born to be wild!

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
if only I would love to do it. but my wife loves her bricks and mortar.

Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
Beekeeper says it is ok , just a bit of fun to wind people up by calling them jock,Taff etc ,does that with his rational , extend to gays , Asians ,fat people and the disabled etc . Well it is just a bit of fun , by the way I am happy to called a freeloader but not jock .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I must say I much prefer being called "Sir Freeloader"...

hows about a T shirt JJ .. ?

I reckon they would sell like hotcakes on here.. think I'll order one.. :)

more here Broken Link Removed

keep_calm_and_focus_on_freeloading_t_shirt-ra7436d82ef8846128413e178f919ed5b_va6lr_512.jpg

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Most younger Portuguese people speak a bit if English...

Unlike Spain, Portugal does not dub the films but use sub-titles and so lots of urban youth speak English (with American accents).

In the touristy Algarve lots of locals speak English.

But I can get by in Portuguese with words and lots of miming... just don't ask me to chat about Einstein's theory of relativity in it...

Thanks JJ;)(y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you remove the lemon you would see a different view. WE DO PAY OUR TAXS!!!

which lemon and what are TAXS ?

instead of FREEloader .. ?

how about a Payloader or Buyloader..??

nope it just doesn't have the same ring

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
There is no such thing as "FREE"...

Someone somewhere has to pay for it...

Not something that concerns people who rely on the "someone somewheres"

:whistle:

The local ratepayers to encourage the flt's to park up & use local shops /spend /fuel etc.:) Which the do as they still have to eat .

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Freeloaders ? Do they have a tatto on their forehead ? So who is to know,you,i or the people trying to ensure "Local" people can enjoy THEIR bit of the environment,for which in certain areas carries a high price tag.
For "Freeloaders",lets say "Skimmers off the top".(Want to stay in an area of unspoilt beauty for nothing,knowing the great british public will suffer in silence).When there are choices of LARGE sites,cl's cs's,some from £7.00 a night,don't like sites ? Some people don't like M/homes at all,never mind in their village So,if the cap fits wear it,but please stop posting bleats,real or imagined, about how misunderstood you maybe/are,on another forum this has been done to death at regular intervals,still,some people like to put a bit of sand down and see what happens....... Same topic to raise its head in 3-4 months ? To right !!
Tea Bag

Hogan7777

Free Member
Sep 28, 2014
Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 694SL
Exp
Since 1995

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Andy Strangeway, Lincolnshire overnight parking campaigner, King of the Freeloaders and general thorn in the side of considerate motorhomers, has ceased his campaigns.
He is now the UKIP candidate for his local council.
Looks like he thinks he will be freeloading on expenses instead!

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Record sales this year which means record numbers on the road, certainly on facebook the first question newbies seem to ask is about free camping and looking at all the posts & publicity if I was on the local council or a resident I would want it stopped, somebody said Spain was fine but I read that in some areas they are clearing all the freeloaders off, up to 150 in one case, my view is that if you wild camp its out the country in an out of the way place bothering nobody, freeloading is expecting to get a free holiday at a popular destination with no facilities and contrary to whats claimed spend as little as possible and even in some cases leave leave a mess behind on departure.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
the first question newbies seem to ask is about free camping

yes, I've read these posts.. odd that they should think you can just 'camp' where you like and for free.. :rolleyes:

Seems to me a lot of 'newbies' don't factor in the cost of sites when they purchase a van .. they think.. "oh great free hols for ever .. just diesel to buy" lets go camping . :rolleyes:

There is no such thing as public land that is open for free camping.. All land belongs to someone or some organisation... state or private. If you camp on it without permission you are breaking the law.. end of story..

Another popular misconception is that the Land reform act of Scotland applies to motorhomes .. it doesn't.. it specifically excludes them in the Act.
The laws in Scotland on 'free' camping and parking are exactly the same as England and the rest of the UK... treat the countryside respectful and it will be there to use.. if not, motorhomes will be banned from over-nighting as has happened on Loch Lomond.

The 'old hands' like JJ who have done it for years without causing a problem know where to park up during the day and where to park up at night to sleep and then move on the next .. I don't call them freeloaders..

It's the ones who 'camp' on the promenade, beauty spot or beach car park for days or weeks on end who are the real menace and should be moved on .. sadly they get us all a bad name.. and when you pull up to park for a cuppa you may get verbal abuse ..

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We have friends who have a river frontage and 25ft motor cruiser in Abingdon (they also have a PVC and are Funsters).
They talk about 'Live- aboards' in the same derogatory way purely because some have been seen dumping waste into river instead of going into Marinas to do it.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time

We have also just returned from Spain (November to late March). We used Aires and Camperstops in the main to dispose of waste and get fresh water.

I say in the main because we spent Christmas and another couple of days later at Albox where our friends have purchased a house. We dumped at their house, but like them we got our water from the local fuente (spring).

We avoid the popular spots preferring to park solo when we can. There are many places this is possible if you are not looking to be near restaurants, bars and night life. This is our 6th year so we know where to avoid now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back