• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Frankia i840BD luxury class 2008 (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Going by the prices of the other frankias on eBay and the prices folk are asking for a 2001/2002 hymer I think I'm advertising this too cheap.

Especially when folk are wanting trade prices for the p/exchanges I'm being offered

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
@Northernraider .. I will be in Benidorm from Saturday 8th Sept...
If your route is taking you anywhere near the area in next 3 weeks I will be interested in having a look but dont go out your way. Otherwise I will be home in Staffordshire last weekend of September. (y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
@Northernraider .. I will be in Benidorm from Saturday 8th Sept...
If your route is taking you anywhere near the area in next 3 weeks I will be interested in having a look but dont go out your way. Otherwise I will be home in Staffordshire last weekend of September. (y)
Won't be near Benidorm I'm afraid I'm up the north west coast just now just ambling along the coast towards France then up the West coast. I plan to sail on the 1st or 2nd of October. I've someone wanting to view near Manchester so I will be Heading accross from Dover to the West side on my way north so should be able to sort a viewing near Staffordshire

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
We have had a 2010 Frankia I8400GD for five years that looks identical to your interior and we've been impressed by the build quality of that 2007-2011 (-ish) series.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We have had a 2010 Frankia I8400GD for five years that looks identical to your interior and we've been impressed by the build quality of that 2007-2011 (-ish) series.
She's certainly a sturdy well built van. I'd have another one in a minute

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I was giving her a spring clean today to get rid of the dust and sand from the south so I took some more photos of the interior as I went and the drop down bed etc. @tonka this may interest you as better photos of rear seats etc.
20180910_163549.jpg
20180910_163611.jpg
20180910_163858.jpg
20180910_163905.jpg
20180910_165049.jpg
20180910_171546.jpg
20180910_171646.jpg
20180910_171657.jpg

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Good luck with the sale Tam.

I've been in the van it's in very good nick for the year, should sell quick at that price.

Agreed Lenny - I also have visited Tam in his van and it is a very good layout and in really great condition! :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks. All being well can get to look at it when your passing on the route home.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have an interested buyer from gumtree trying to use this as haggling power

Lower spec , coachbuilt, fixed rear bed non height adjustable , doesn't have the extras fitted to mine and a quick check on its mot history throughs red flags up as it's failed a few times , chassis numbers don't match and engine management lights on.

Going by that I'm tempted to tell him I want more for mine lol

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid

Lower spec , coachbuilt, fixed rear bed non height adjustable , doesn't have the extras fitted to mine and a quick check on its mot history throughs red flags up as it's failed a few times , chassis numbers don't match and engine management lights on.

sounds like a chancer trying it on. I wouldn't buy the van for cash and certainly wouldn't part exchange it for a better genuine motorhome. remember the time will come when you need to sell the next van you get. take your time, there are plenty to choose from

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Someone's trying to pull your chain with that. Blow them out you and Frankie are too good for them.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Someone's trying to pull your chain with that. Blow them out you and Frankie are too good for them.
Aye he's just trying to use it to get me to lower the price on mine but it's no comparison ....ill happily hold on to franky till the start of next year if need be.
I'm sure at the start if season shed fetch 45k with ease.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

I see it's got a wined out awning, sounds interesting.:wine:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

I particularly like the Awning that's been "Wined Out"

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
No joy then outa the 3 viewers. I bet they were nosey buggers.:LOL:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
OI !!!!!!
Keep my nose out of it.... ;)
Great van but having to think hard because its a manual and my dodgy knee really needs an automatic now.
Ticks all my boxes apart from the one for the gears.. :rolleyes:
In that case stick it out for an automatic. Sorry I wasn't referring to you personally, didn't even know you viewed it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OI !!!!!!
Great van but having to think hard because its a manual and my dodgy knee really needs an automatic now.
Nice new light clutch though :p

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Having looked at prices on others the same or slightly different model I think yours is at least 8k under priced if the others are worth what is being asked for them .
Yep thats how I saw it

Had a couple of folk message from eBay with p/exchange offers bit not suitable

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
OI !!!!!!
Sorry can't find details at moment but it is possible to have a conversion to a form of robotic auto. There have been threads in past. I will keep looking, perhaps others will have experience. From memory it wasn't cheap but based on Tams price it might be viable.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
OI !!!!!!

No Idea of the reliability or the logic behind it. But this is an idea for you. I have been considering a similar thing for mine. But if you go first then you can test drive it for me. .. Reading between the lines, it appears logical. Unfortunately to many MH's come out Manual when the age group of the user is exactly the market for auto.

http://www.carfi.co.uk/html/autoclutch.html

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Sorry can't find details at moment but it is possible to have a conversion to a form of robotic auto. There have been threads in past. I will keep looking, perhaps others will have experience. From memory it wasn't cheap but based on Tams price it might be viable.

No Idea of the reliability or the logic behind it. But this is an idea for you. I have been considering a similar thing for mine. But if you go first then you can test drive it for me. .. Reading between the lines, it appears logical. Unfortunately to many MH's come out Manual when the age group of the user is exactly the market for auto.

I had this fitted to a Peugeot Motorhome manual gear change.. it worked very well (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back