• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Frankia i840BD luxury class 2008 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
There are some triers around Tam, I will give them that.
Wanted 27k for a 2004

When I said not interested his wife started in the background ask him what he'll give us lol

Struggled with the very strong Irish accent

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm always so paranoid these days with email scams etc so I just want to see if anyone else things this is suspicious or am I just being paranoid ?
My advert on eBay has a ridiculous amount of pictures which is why I'm a little wary
Screenshot_20181007-212304_eBay.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think genuine, I find when viewing eBay adds often can't access more than the first photo when using their mobile site.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think genuine, I find when viewing eBay adds often can't access more than the first photo when using their mobile site.

Well I actually can't send photos via email as it always returns a mail fail message so I've sent him my phone number so he can call me and if he sounds genuine then I'll whatsapp further pics to him.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I'm always so paranoid these days with email scams etc so I just want to see if anyone else things this is suspicious or am I just being paranoid ?
My advert on eBay has a ridiculous amount of pictures which is why I'm a little wary
View attachment 260281

Ask for a picture of the wife....:D2

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Alright if you want a van with an indoor pool.:)
I don't want anything that big anyway but I don't think an 04 cheiften is worth anything like the price he said.
And i know it's judgemental to assume because they were Irish that they were itinerants but from the phone conversation I just got that impression.

I'd only be selling that again if I took it in p/exchange so I'd want it to sell quick and hassle free which I don't think it would

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I think best not to reply outside the eBay platform. I had one like that when I was selling and couldn’t understand why asking for more photos. I think I did send a cautious probing email to the person and I heard no more.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I
I don't want anything that big anyway but I don't think an 04 cheiften is worth anything like the price he said.
And i know it's judgemental to assume because they were Irish that they were itinerants but from the phone conversation I just got that impression.

I'd only be selling that again if I took it in p/exchange so I'd want it to sell quick and hassle free which I don't think it would
You missed the point it was a joke about their water ingress problems.:ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Ask for a picture of the wife....:D2

Sorry missed something Tam are you taking wife's in part x :LOL:

He could be your buyer, just remember you only need one, as long as the money is in your bank before you let it go. :D2
It's a nice motorhome a few years ago we would probably had it. (y) Bob.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think best not to reply outside the eBay platform. I had one like that when I was selling and couldn’t understand why asking for more photos. I think I did send a cautious probing email to the person and I heard no more.
Yeah that's the normal route but on a classified add on eBay it's just an advertising platform the sale isn't done through eBay there's no bidding or feedback system etc

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sorry missed something Tam are you taking wife's in part x :LOL:

He could be your buyer, just remember you only need one, as long as the money is in your bank before you let it go. :D2
It's a nice motorhome a few years ago we would probably had it. (y) Bob.
Aye he might be I'm just always wary of scams happening these days so just wanted others opinions on it.

I've replied explaining I can't send pics via email and for him to phone me for a chat ...that way if he sounds genuine I can send him pics through whatsapp

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Yeah that's the normal route but on a classified add on eBay it's just an advertising platform the sale isn't done through eBay there's no bidding or feedback system etc
Ah Yes, I forgot, I was wondering why I did email back to whoever it was.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ah Yes, I forgot, I was wondering why I did email back to whoever it was.
I didn't put my phone number on my add cause I didn't want all the wasters with their stupid low offers so it's email only.
But I can then pass my number on to interested parties.

It would be good if he was genuine as he says he's intersted in the scooter etc too which would save me the bother of selling everything separately I guess

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I did that and got banned for 10 days,eBay thinks if you send numbers you are circumventing them. I wanted to look at a Ti mountain bike nearby. :mad:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We purchased a caravan once, phoned him up he said he was buying a place in Ireland so needed to sell, :rolleyes: said it's in storage meet me at junction ? On the M6, :eek: I asked for address just in case, google street view found his bungalow and the caravan was on his drive, lovely bloke and a genuine caravan with all the paperwork. (y)
We had visions of someone going out that night stealing it and meeting up at the side of the road, but we went to secure storage, paid cash took us back to his bungalow that I had seen on Google and gave us all the paperwork and a coffee of course. :whistle: :LOL: Bob.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Well I’m rather sceptical. I think he wants to appear genuine but after a few emails it will be the same usual scam crap.

Don’t part with Frankie until you’ve cleared funds.
I hope am wrong. Good Luck

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Well just done a little fishing and your guy might very well be genuine. He does indeed come from Fife according to a previous advert earlier this year when he was selling s motorbike. Might be hopeful Tam(y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I did that and got banned for 10 days,eBay thinks if you send numbers you are circumventing them. I wanted to look at a Ti mountain bike nearby. :mad:
Not on a classified add
You can include the phone numbers in the listing etc i just chose not too as you get the balloons with the stupid offers brcause they are annonymous if they email through eBay I get their details

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I’m rather sceptical. I think he wants to appear genuine but after a few emails it will be the same usual scam crap.

Don’t part with Frankie until you’ve cleared funds.
I hope am wrong. Good Luck
Yep she won't be going anywhere till cash is in my account

His ebay account just had me curious as he's not sold anything since 2013 and not bought anything since 2015 but yes he is local according to his account.

Will see if he phones me

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back