Rally Chat France/Spain 2 weeks today and nothing planned! (1 Viewer)

R

Rita and Andrew

Deleted User
So we leave 2 weeks today and are heading to the Bay of Roses in Spain. We only have 14 days so we plan on 2 days of 4/5 hour drives from Calais. We bought 13 camping cheques as we only swapped our caravan for a MH in the last couple of months. Any help with route and sites would be fab..

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Have a great trip! That's lots of driving have lots of rests! Not sure about the camping cheques as we only ever go in school holidays.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Safe trip. But can't understand why you posted it under the rally section unless you plan a big meet up along the way. (y)

Not been to Roses for a while.. enjoy.

Can't comment on the cheques as never used them. I used to go that way a lot but used non toll. Calais, Rouen, chartes, Blois, Chateauroux, Toulouse, Narbonne. Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Calais to Roses in 2 days - hmmmmmmm, 750ish miles - sure it can be done but not much fun .
I reckon that to do it in 10 driving hours you'll have to use a lot of peage which doesn't give you many route options.
Viamichelin offers a few.
Make the most of the Sunday to eat up the miles (almost truck-free roads).

Enjoy - you will. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
We I'd it in 2 days 2 nights in Aptil but it means long days driving1st night a motorway aire, 2nd night Calella, camping roca brava, stopped for supplies in Santa Susana, Roses midday on 3rd day, but it was a trek with only me driving and a few bob spent on tolls.

Stayed in Roses overnight the 3rd night but moved on to Platja Cambrils for 10 days after that, much nicer sit & resort, Salou is a short bus ride away,

Port Aventura if you have saucepans, and 2 lovely little beaches at Cap Salou that are good for a days visit, plus a waterpark and a great beach in La Pineda.

Fast inexpensive train ride into Barcelona if you want some culture, the Segrada Familia, etc.

Whatever you do have a great time.

Hymie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back