Found a great alarm for £14.99! (1 Viewer)

Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Amazon product ASIN B0721SJ4PH
After reading some great reviews I bought two of the above. Each one comes with one alarm paired with one remote control but it was dead simple to pair both alarms to one remote, thus giving me convenience and a spare.

I simply dropped one alarm in the drivers door pocket and the other in the bottom of the bin on the habitation door.

So far, I have had no false alarms and the alarms activate if:
I use the van remote control to unlock the central locking (the ‘ger-dunk is enough to set them off)
I open either door as carefully as I can
If I open the passenger door (carefully) it still sets off the alarm in the habitation door bin (which is on the same side).

You can use the supplied fixing pads to stick them where you want, but by not sticking them they are not in plain sight and can be used elsewhere if required.

Having read a few posts about intruders while sleeping, this fits the bill perfectly, you can even set them to give a door bell noise instead of an alarm.

My missus is very impressed, and it takes a miracle to do that!

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Not sure why but if you go on Amazon and look for a Mengshen wireless vibration alarm (showing only 12 left in stock)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Handy, so long as you're not required to have Thatcham approval from your insurers.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
They sound useful but would moving around the van, such as going to the loo in the night, set them off?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Don't you love Amazon descriptions.....

Details say 110Db siren and remote fob

About this item says 105Db and fob not included.

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
I don’t know if moving around in the night will set them off. I will have to do a trial run in daylight hours.
Based on current tests, shutting the loo door might set one or both off.
However, you can adjust the sensitivity by several levels and they come preset at the most sensitive, which is how I left them, so I will be able to adjust them if necessary.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have owned vehicles with big engines that rumble and vibrate enough to set those off driving past. More worried about one of the dogs farting too near it and wake up everyone nearby. A gimmick not suited to use in a vehicle like a motorhome.. Anyone else remember the really crap wireless alarms sold for motorhomes and caravans? relied on button batteries for each sensor and never worked right

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Do you have an ad-blocker running?

Well done you
Thanks for that - who knew? :drinks:

Having read a few posts about intruders while sleeping, this fits the bill perfectly, you can even set them to give a door bell noise instead of an alarm.

Its all you need --- and cheap - my kinda bargain

Thanks for that :drinks:

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
ITSMCB:
I have just completed my test of being in the van with both alarms set.
I marched (heavily) up and down- no false alarm
I opened and shut the toilet door- no false alarm
I slammed the toilet door shut- no false alarm
I slammed the toilet door shut really hard- no false alarm
I tried to open the habitation door very gently- the alarm went off.

Sounds like it is going to be the perfect gadget (y)

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I recall having something similar as a cheap car alarm wired into the 12v system. I binned it because it sounded a false alarm whenever a taxi drove past. The taxi 2 way radios would set it off.

Jul 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Perpetual newbie
Great tip, hard to fault at that price so getting one - for whenever our MH arrives

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
I don’t know if it is anything to do with my post but Amazon is now showing none available :confused:

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Well found.
I don’t mind paying a bit more as it does exactly what I want :giggle:
I got one day delivery, whereas the cheaper one looks like it’s being dispatched from China.

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Ive used one of those for a year or so. I put it under the saddle of my ebike. I lock it when i nip in the bank but also click the alarm on. By god its loud when triggered ! It also gives you a little warning first if you touch the bike before it goes off permanently. Well worth the money.

Klárika1

Free Member
Oct 2, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Burnster Harmony
Exp
I'm a newbie
After reading some great reviews I bought two of the above. Each one comes with one alarm paired with one remote control but it was dead simple to pair both alarms to one remote, thus giving me convenience and a spare.

I simply dropped one alarm in the drivers door pocket and the other in the bottom of the bin on the habitation door.

I use the van remote control to unlock the central locking (the ‘ger-dunk is enough to set them off)
If I open the passenger door (carefully) it still sets off the alarm in the habitation door bin (which is on the same side).

You can use the supplied fixing pads to stick them where you want, but by not sticking them they are not in plain sight and can be used elsewhere if required.

My missus is very impressed, and it takes a miracle to do

Have you tried moving about it the van whilst on yet?

jp11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2021
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Minibus conversion

There's no instruction on how to pair one remote with two alarms....

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Mine came with the instructions in the box. If you need them, I will post the details.

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Use the same instructions BUT:
Put the ORIGINAL alarm out of range and pair the SECOND alarm to the ORIGINAL remote as per the instructions for adding the remote.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back