LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
I've just had an email exchange with Gasdeal over this offer which went along the lines of:

1. I placed the order for 2 11kg cylinders just before they removed the webpage.
2. They emailed asking if I had empty cylinders to exchange.
3. I emailed back saying no and stating that's why I liked the offer.
4. They stated there was a deposit (didn't say how much) and did I want to continue with my offer.
5. I said (politely) they took my money and I expected the sale to be honoured.
6. They wrote back saying ok but they'd like me to call when the cylinders are empty so they can collect them.
7. I've emailed back saying no problem and that I assume that will be when I exchange then for 2 full cylinders now the offer has finished.
8. No answer yet.

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
They have now confirmed when empty I can exchange the cylinders for new full ones so it's ended up being a very good deal.

Allan

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I should have ordered first & asked questions later!! :sneaky: It would have been a bit cheeky - as I already have an account with them & know full well how the system works. They will have to pay FloGas for the cylinders - but if you keep swapping them for full ones it'll be worth it to them in the end.

I did point out to them that if I had a spare cylinder they would save 50% on future delivery costs, because I would order two at a time instead of just one, but that didn't work either. I suspect the person I was talking to wasn't far enough up the food chain to make that sort of decision. Or maybe FloGas don't charge GasDeal for doing the deliveries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Ordered a 13kg Butane bottle £19.99 online via Gasdeal on Friday..
Arrived today, Wednesday..
As driver walked away he called back "any empties"..
No, said I, first order.... Sorted. :)

I have a Budget gas stockist only a few hundred mtrs away who are £23... Saved me cash and fetching it.. (y)

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
I received my two 11 Kg for motorhome and a 45 Kg for house today no issues and I had no returns to give back

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I have just received my delivery of flo gas, 4x 47kg £201.52 that will keep me going for a few months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• flo gas.pdf
    163.2 KB · Views: 5

Roadrunner_644

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class B644
Exp
Since 1990
50 quid - Is this a good deal for a 47kg bottle?

I've had a calor bottle for about 10 years, it's just run out :LOL:

I can keep the calor and get a flogas without deposit or exchange, delivered free! according to this link.

The bottle remains the property of the supplier - but I think that's the score with calor anyway?

http://www.woldlink.co.uk/47kg-propane-gas/

Seems cheap - calor refil is about 60-70 quid exchange, but maybe some know better?

I'd hate to lump the thing into the back of the van and travel when I could save 10-15 quid and have a shiny new one delivered!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
@Roadrunner_644 .
Be aware this is a thread from OCTOBER 2016...
Deal may no longer be available, check current up to date web page.
I certainly had no issues, ordered and it came within about 3 days, didn't have any exchange bottle or have to pay any extra.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
@Roadrunner_644 .
Be aware this is a thread from OCTOBER 2016...
Deal may no longer be available, check current up to date web page.
I certainly had no issues, ordered and it came within about 3 days, didn't have any exchange bottle or have to pay any extra.
Different dealer though. GasDeal & Woldlink are both offering FloGas bottles, but are otherwise not connected. In both cases, it's FloGas who do the actual delivery.

Woldlink are just up the road from me. Their parent company are Woldmarsh Producers Ltd, with whom I have had a relationship for over 50 years (yes, I know that puts me back in short trousers at the beginning). My dad was even chairman for a while & my brother is an active member. It's a farmers buying group & a very reputable organisation.

Note that the main Woldlink offering is bulk gas. The 47kg cylinder is the only cylinder they offer & the 'no bottle deposit' offer is standard on this size whether you deal with Woldlink, GasDeal or, I believe, with FloGas direct. In the absence of a special deal, the 11kg bottle generally does require a deposit (& this size isn't available from Woldlink).

If you can use a 47kg bottle, it's a good deal. No good for the average motorhome though. I can only think of two members on here who can use them in their vehicles.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Actually, i could be wrong.
Flogas uses a POL 105 thread whereas calor use a POL but i cant find any reference to thread number.
I have both at home and identical fitting to British Standard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back