Aug 4, 2016
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hello all, first post here as we are looking to purchase our first motorhome

We are a family of 5. 2 adults and 3 children aged 6, 4 and 4

I have been looking on AutoTrader, eBay, Gumtree and a few local Motorhome dealers websites for motorhomes that would suit our requirements and wondered if anyone could help out with models that may meet what we are after

We basically require 6 full seatbelts and we like the layouts with rear lounges as the children can sleep up front on the dinette and the over cab bed and we can use the rear lounge while they are asleep and convert that to a bed when ready to sleep ourselves

I have read various threads on here about the hassle of making up the beds all the time with a rear lounge but that is going to be a necessary evil with the size of our family. I have also read about the weight limits and fitting all of us in a 3.5ton motorhome. I will do the C1 test if required but I haven't found many motorhomes that use a stronger chassis to require this and understand with us all on board we will not have a great deal of weight left for "stuff"

We will be buying used, probably from a dealer as it will be our first motorhome. Budget up to £30k but would like to be closer to the £20k end if possible. Looking at the ones for sale they seem to be between £20k and £30k and up to 10 years old

The models I have found tend to be Elddis, Swift, Compass and a couple of Bessacarr. I need to do some more research into the build quality of these so if anyone has anything to add please do. I have also found a Bailey and a Dethleffs but these are right at the top of and a little over the budget

Scott

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome good luck with your search! :WelcomeFlag:You will have a wonderful time and the children will love it. All bedding( sleeping bags for ease )could be rolled up and put in the over cab space during the day( we used old belts to keep them rolled up in our camping days with our girls) enjoy and try all the vans out on dealer forecourts with the children so you can see if it will work! They will love the days out searching!!(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Look on caravan finder under their motorhome Finder section. I put on 6 berth max £30k the first two appear to be end lounges didn't look any further.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

sjoyce666

Free Member
Aug 4, 2016
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Look on caravan finder under their motorhome Finder section. I put on 6 berth max £30k the first two appear to be end lounges didn't look any further.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Thank you for your reply

First one doesn't appear to have enough seatbelts. Second one is an Elddis 180 which come up in most of our searches and we plan to look at a couple of them. I'll see if the search has thrown up any others to look at. I'll admit I haven't used that site before so there may be some listed on there that I haven't yet found listed elsewhere

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back