First insurance (1 Viewer)

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Hi,

looking for some info, thinking of purchase of a 7-8metre MH, as regards insurance, do you need a NCD to reduce premium as this is on my car, or does it start from scratch and NCD’s not used

What’s best options / company for a new insurance, who are the best MH insurers

who are best for breakdown / recovery for a MH that size that may include a tow car ?

thanks for info 😁

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
It was a start from scratch for me last year with Comfort, just renewed with them and now have 1 year NCB.
Comfort breakdown cover was an extra £65, but I didn’t need it as my MB Engined Hymer (7.3m) is still under warranty.

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Ask your dealer if there is an offer of half price insurance for first year, we got ours at half first time for our MH, with Supersure Insurance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
In my first year most companies quoted reaonably competitively for the van, but whilst they asked about car insurance, they didn’t directly link the van quote to anything car related.

ps in the reviews section, I think most the mainstream insurers are mentioned 👍

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I took out my first 'proper m/h' insurance 9 years ago with Comfort after getting several quotes and I've stayed with them ever since as they are still very competitive.
I'd had micro campers before (Romahome type of thing) just on normal car type policies.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Most insurers won't allow NCD against more than one vehicle so you'd be starting from scratch. We got a years free insurance when we bought our so had a start.
Then we changed to Comfort. They don't use a NCD scheme so you pay what it is - incidentally over the years they have been very competitive. If you do decide to change (as unfortunately we had to, long story) you get a statement from them about how long it's been since you had a claim - technically not a NCD but acceptable to most insurers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I got my first motorhome insurance from Adrian Flux. They just copied my no claims from my car policy. If yours won’t do this it may be worthwhile considering which vehicle you wish to have your no claims used against. It could be better to have your road car with no no claims as it’s lesser value.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back