First impressions Simploo Mini (2 Viewers)

Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Just had a simploo mini delivered for our upcoming trip to Sicily.
As we are not ready to vent it to the outside in the van yet we bought it with the carbon filter attachment.

We set it up in our downstairs loo at home and used it for solids and liquds over the last week, deliberately not emptying the liquid untill full.

First impressions
Very well designed and soilid build.
Easier to use for a male
No smell even after 5 days.

Settling off for a 2 month trip next week, we bought a spare urine container so hoping to have quite a long time before haveing to find somewhere to empty.

let you know what we think after a couple of weeks of real life use when on our trip.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
As we are not ready to vent it to the outside in the van yet we bought it with the carbon filter attachment.

We set it up in our downstairs loo at home and used it for solids and liquds over the last week, deliberately not emptying the liquid untill full.

First impressions
Easier to use for a male

Settling off for a 2 month trip next week, we bought a spare urine container so hoping to have quite a long time before haveing to find somewhere to empty.

let you know what we think after a couple of weeks of real life use when on our trip.
To be honest, without a picture of said article to understand what this is, I at first thought it was some sort of new car, especially as you are off to Scicily, and thought you might be towing it in order to replicate a scene from the
'Italian Job'.
I now realise its for 'other' jobs.
I Must leave the Malt alone in an afternoon!

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019

First impressions
Easier to use for a male

I will be interest to know how it fairs in the van on the road, with all the bends and pot holes 👍. If it behaves the same, I might consider it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
1709152227452.png

OP
OP
P
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Three weeks into our 8 week trip and after some initial problems due to positioning when sitting down, we have got into a routine and decided it is definitely better for us than the cassette option and we are happy with our purchase.

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
£540 on eBay 😳
Bit confused by the 12V or 240V adapter option!?

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Three weeks into our 8 week trip and after some initial problems due to positioning when sitting down, we have got into a routine and decided it is definitely better for us than the cassette option and we are happy with our purchase.
Good to know..we have optioned in a separator toilet for our new van that’s on order. Can I ask how long you can go before you need to empty? Thanks for the update. 👍

OP
OP
P
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Good to know..we have optioned in a separator toilet for our new van that’s on order. Can I ask how long you can go before you need to empty? Thanks for the update. 👍
Couple of days for the urine , weeks for the solids. We also put tissue in with the solids.
We bought 2nd urine container but have not had to use it.

OP
OP
P
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
That’s what I wanted to hear-thanks 👍
When we get our next van the extraction fan will be plumbed outside but currently the 12v extractor fan and carbon filter keeps it smell free. We spritz the urine collection area every morning with a home made spray of 1/2 white vinigar 1/2 water and a cap of zoflora.
Also put a squeeze of ecover toilet cleaner in urine bottle after empty.
Solids double bagged in qaulity tough bin bags and put in campsite waste.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009

Looks pretty good.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
When we get our next van the extraction fan will be plumbed outside but currently the 12v extractor fan and carbon filter keeps it smell free. We spritz the urine collection area every morning with a home made spray of 1/2 white vinigar 1/2 water and a cap of zoflora.
Also put a squeeze of ecover toilet cleaner in urine bottle after empty.
Sounds like you’re getting to grips with it just nicely Prop. We are actually quite excited about getting/using one if I’m honest. 😆😆🙈

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
If you had mentioned toilets in the title, you would have been overwhelmed with interest.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
that doesn't entice me, would rather just empty a cassette ..

however, with the longer emptying frequency it may have greater appeal to the off-site camper, especially in remote areas where you may be able to bury the waste.

OP
OP
P
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
that doesn't entice me, would rather just empty a cassette ..

however, with the longer emptying frequency it may have greater appeal to the off-site camper, especially in remote areas where you may be able to bury the waste.
The long frequency is the attraction to us and not having to find an elsan, which we have had problems with when travelling in more off the beaten track places before.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The long frequency is the attraction to us and not having to find an elsan, which we have had problems with when travelling in more off the beaten track places before.
that was the conclusion I came to .. and that makes sense

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
When I saw the word Prop in a toilet thread I thought it was a typo and should have been Plop!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Love the idea of this for us, so any more detailed updates would be appreciated.

I will have a look at the included link, but do these retrofit to the current space a standard cassette toilet would occupy? Are they similar physical dimensions?

OP
OP
P
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Love the idea of this for us, so any more detailed updates would be appreciated.

I will have a look at the included link, but do these retrofit to the current space a standard cassette toilet would occupy? Are they similar physical dimensions?
Yes i would think so, obviously depends on your cassette layout, the dimensions are on the website and they ard very responsive to email queries.

OP
OP
P
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
There is a YouTube video here if a couple doing a self install.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back