Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
New camera - Lumix TZ95
Got for travelling
Took it for a play at the fireworks tonight... realised I hadn't a clue what I was doing, but nevertheless very happy with a couple of shots... definitely luck rather than skill. All handheld:

01010042.jpg

01010052.jpg

01010055.jpg

01010057.jpg

...and cropped [in phone app]

20211029_212122.jpg

Too much I think

Thanks to the exif data... I can see & learn how I actually achieved these shots.

I think I need to work on transfer, as the camera transferred the images via wifi to my phone which then uploaded them to Google Photos, so I presume not at their full potential?
And I presume squished again by the forum software.

Last edited:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
New camera - Lumix TZ95
Got for travelling
Took it for a play at the fireworks tonight... realised I hadn't a clue what I was doing, but nevertheless very happy with a couple of shots... definitely luck rather than skill:

View attachment 552420View attachment 552421View attachment 552422View attachment 552423

...and cropped [in phone app]

View attachment 552424

Thanks to the exif data... I can see & learn how I actually achieved these shots.

I think I need to work on transfer, as the camera transferred the images via wifi to my phone which then uploaded them to Google Photos, so I presume not at their full potential?
It’s the Google Photos upload with the most risk to quality. As Google isn’t my primary photo store I’ve deliberately chosen their lossy upload. The other option should be retaining the original image setup.

The WiFi transfer from camera to phone should be a copy only (no detail loss). That’s my findings with canon’s Camera Connect app and three Canons: two complact super zooms and a DSLR EOS.
Edit: :doh: sorry, with the EOS the canon’s camera connect app will only make a jpeg copy if you shoot RAW. I expect. 🤔 I’m 93.4% sure :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
It’s the Google Photos upload with the most risk to quality. As Google isn’t my primary photo store I’ve deliberately chosen their lossy upload. The other option should be retaining the original image setup.

The WiFi transfer from camera to phone should be a copy only (no detail loss). That’s my findings with canon’s Camera Connect app and three Canons: two complact super zooms and a DSLR EOS.
Edit: :doh: sorry, with the EOS the canon’s camera connect app will only make a jpeg copy if you shoot RAW. I expect. 🤔 I’m 93.4% sure :LOL:
Still finding my way around this camera - trying not to just use IA or IA+
...but its so complicated. Too complicated.

For example in 4k Photo mode - it can take a 1 second video before and after you 'take' the photo so you capture action you may have otherwise might have missed. Brilliant but how in god's name does it do that!
Called "Pre-Burst" mode if you want to look it up.

So far, I've discovered just five ways of transferring photos off the camera wifi, bluetooth, usb, hdmi and physically removing the SD card... madness.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I'm impressed! Amazing what such a small camera can do these days. Packed with clever features in a tiny package. Well done Panasonic. (y)

Not forgetting the eye for a good photo shown by Langtoftlad

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I bought a second hand Lumix TZ90 as a cheap travel camera a couple of years ago, and it very soon became pretty well the only camera I use now.
It amazes me that it can pick out and focus on a small distant object while on its maximum 1440mm zoom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back