FireAngel faulty? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
Exp
Since 2013
Last evening while watching tv in the lounge I could hear beeping coming from the van parked on the drive.
Brought the unit indoors and replaced the batteries (hadn't looked up the code at that point) and put new batteries in the unit. As it was quite late by then we decided to leave the monitor indoors and check further in the morning. A short time after going to bed the thing was beeping again, so the batteries were removed.
After looking up the code (4 beeps) turned out it was the carbon monoxide alert. We had no gas appliances on in the van, everything has been off since our return home last Sunday, we have no naked flame appliances indoors so we suspect the unit is faulty, it was fitted 12 months ago when the van was new.

Anyone had these things play up like this, surely it is impossible that we have carbon monoxide levels high enough to detect in 2 different locations where there has been no naked flames.

OP
OP
D
Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
Exp
Since 2013
Carbon monoxide alarms often detect a failing leisure battery before you can smell it
Thanks for that important advice, I thought carbon monoxide would only result from a naked flame not a failing battery, but it beeped again after being brought indoors, well away from the leisure battery

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Carbon monoxide alarms often detect a failing leisure battery before you can smell it
Agreed . I found out when it went off in the middle of the night . Well worth checking to see if the leisure battery is warm .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
I fit quite a few smoke & carbon alarms through work and Fireangel have a high failiure rate, I will always fit Aiko when possible, out of 5 or 600 fitted I have had only 1 fail.

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Hi Sue Devon Sue, that is spooky as the Fireangel on the van started chirping while I was away in Suffolk last week. The single chirp every 40 seconds suggested the battery had failed, although the whole unit was less than three months old. I bought a new battery but it continued to chirp incessantly so the battery was taken out. It is interesting what Roger S has said regarding the reliability of the product, in future I will be buying something different methinks!

Jam First (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back