Fire stick help! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Recently seen items about using a Firestick while travelling. ( Hopefully Spain France next year if possible!) Can i and how can I watch Eurosport etc etc while in France Spain. I have no Smartphone but I have an iPad can I use the firestick in conjunction with my iPal???

colyboy

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Google IPTV services. Install Tivimate ( the best app for IPTV ) ask for a 24/48hr test - type in the supplied line and your good to go. I have IPTV here in Spain and have all sorts of channels from around the world, but for us every UK channel going as cannot put up a 1.9metre dish to see Sky Sats.........
We take the firestick with us in MH and as long as we can get wifi or use sim card we get everything.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Recently seen items about using a Firestick while travelling. ( Hopefully Spain France next year if possible!) Can i and how can I watch Eurosport etc etc while in France Spain. I have no Smartphone but I have an iPad can I use the firestick in conjunction with my iPal???

colyboy
The best thing you can invest in is a smartphone, no need to be an expensive one but would do everything in one machine that all these other things do and way more.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Personally I would not like to sit for hours in front of a very small phone screen watch TV and trying to see where the ball is during football! but each to his own devices........

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Thanks for help, just a couple more questions. If get a smartphone (or a iPad with cellular!) I take it I will be able to obtain some sort programmes on my tv? Is still via a firestick?
Mr thicko Colyboy

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Personally I would not like to sit for hours in front of a very small phone screen watch TV and trying to see where the ball is during football! but each to his own devices........
You don't need to watch the phone you just cast it to your TV.

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I use an iphone with an unlimited UK sim and tether my iPad to watch all tv sport on the iPad. I have never found myself able to cast to the tv, I suggest Sky and Virgin have a vested interest to prevent that happening. I believe you can jailbreak a firestick to watch Eurosport, Sky and Virgin but I have not bothered.
The other way is to use a laptop which can be hardwired to the tv hdmi port. I do have a uk contract with Virgin and that gives me access to all the sports channels using the Virgin TV GO APP. This has worked in France.
Hope this helps.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I have just bought Eurosport for use on my firesticks, it’s on offer at the moment,£20 for a year.

Mickey

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Just FYI ;)
Fire TV is an Amazon app for streaming their Prime media content on smart phones.
Firestick is an Amazon hardware streaming device for connecting to a TV

Edit: clarity

Last edited:
OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Micky1
Where did you buy Eurosport to on a firestick?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not to numpties like me
Smartphone------
Phone
Camera
Mifi
Radio
TV
Sat nav
Computer
Mobile bank
Torch
Email
Compass
Notebook
Photo album
Calculator
Games machine
And loads more I can't think of at the moment. (y) (y)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Eurosport deal looks good don't know anyone using it, but if sport is your thing great.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
1. Plug a Firestick into an HDMI socket on your tv
2. Plug the Firestick USB power lead into either the USB on your tv, or a nearby USB socket.
3. Go to settings on the firestick & network & connect to the internet (either by WiFi on site, Mifi, or tethering to an iPhone).
4. Go to search on the Firestick & enter Eurosport
5. Download the Eurosport app
6. Sign in to your Eurosport account on the app
7. Watch sport.
The Firestick will use about 0.5 - 1 GB of data per hour

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Hi Guys
I travel to France etc 3 times a year and have not used my sat dish in 3 years . i have a vodaphone unlimited data contract (restricted to 25gb abroad)

• Plug amazon firestick into TV via HDMI port
  • Plug the usb part of the firestick into a USB socket (This can also be on the TV or an external source)
  • Select input/source on TV and select HDMI - fire stick should start up
  • On your smart phone select Hotspot under connection settings
  • on your firestick home screen Go to setting and select connection
  • Scan for available connections
  • Select your hotspot and type in any passwords required
  • Press the home screen on firestick remote
  • Choose Channel - live TV or Catchup or Netflix or whatever
  • Enjoy

Edit Stonemags76 beat me to it (y)

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp

colyboy
yes if your ipad has a sim card with spare data in it

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
yes if your ipad has a sim card with spare data in it
If the iPad hasn't got a sim you will need a mifi unit but you cannot mirror the iPad through the Firestick onto the screen. Need a good dose of memory but quite cheap currently - I have 100gb and connect through my smart phone. But some have unlimited packages. If the tv is a smart tv it is still better to have the Firestick as it's quicker providing you have the 4k version.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I don't think you can do that through a Firestick but you can use the data to connect to the Firestick and the Firestick is connected to the TV
If you have a TV with Android on it you don't need a firestick

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
If you have a TV with Android on it you don't need a firestick
No you don't neither if you have a 'smart' tv but Firestick, in our experience and reported from others, is quicker. The original Op was related to a Firestick but hey.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No you don't neither if you have a 'smart' tv but Firestick, in our experience and reported from others, is quicker. The original Op was related to a Firestick but hey.
As I understood it he hasn't already got a firestick, and was asking for advice, we have half a dozen firesticks here , all chucked in a drawer somewhere.
A smart TV and a android phone makes everything else redundent in our experience. (y)

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
As I understood it he hasn't already got a firestick, and was asking for advice, we have half a dozen firesticks here , all chucked in a drawer somewhere.
A smart TV and a android phone makes everything else redundent in our experience. (y)
Maybe you could send him one of the 4K versions he would be very grateful.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
T
Teather phone to internet and use Firestick to watch programs on a decent TV.BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back