Fiat Fitted SatNav (1 Viewer)

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Has anyone got the latest fitted uconnect satnav on the Fiat chassis?
Is it worth the expense or better to fit a stand alone unit?
If so which one?

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
If you have an iPad or similar, these will fit in the Fiat clipboard on the dash and therefore allowing you to use one of the many navigation apps available; personally I use copilot.

Please note that if your device is not fitted with a SIM card, you'll need an external GPS receiver and can highly recommend the garmin glo, which retails for approx £85.

The above setup even if you don't already own any of the kit is much cheaper than a built in device and is also much easier to update the mapping, often free of charge once you've purchased an appropriate app.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Not to impressed with the built in system put up with it for a year but kept getting us lost so bought a stand alone unit , a far superior set up if I had the choice I would not buy the built in unit again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jands

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Is the fiat built in unit set up for motorhomes, input dimensions to keep clear of tight roads and height/weight restrictions? Or is it a generic van sat nav?
Looking on here might just go for the Garmin camper.
Although 18 months till I put down my deposit there might be enough comments to fiat to make them change.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Is the fiat built in unit set up for motorhomes, input dimensions to keep clear of tight roads and height/weight restrictions? Or is it a generic van sat nav?
Looking on here might just go for the Garmin camper.
Although 18 months till I put down my deposit there might be enough comments to fiat to make them change.
As far I can see you can't set the tomtom /fiat for your van dimensions but the Aguri 700 you can . I ran both together in France in June this year the aguri was fast and precise the tomtom was tying it self in knots , now I might have just got a bad tomtom but if it's a option in my next van I won't be getting it !

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
The fitted Fiat connect Sat Nav is possibly the worst I have ever used, we tried it and it kept taking us off exits on roundabouts and then 2 miles down the road suggested a U turn, took us down unsuitable roads, and you can only enter POI's one at a time, after that we went back to our Garmin Camper which is so much better.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
IMG_6372.JPG
My setup using an iPad and Copilot, no eye strain here with a good clear screen

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
The fitted tomtom is very basic I use a stand alone tomtom with motorhome software installed and this works fine

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I don't have a Fiat but I would never pay to have a built in satnav in any vehicle. The standalone ones are so much better. I have a built-in satnav in my car (it came as standard) but it's not at all good compared with the standalone ones.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back