Fiat Ducato Long Arm Wing Mirror Replacement (1 Viewer)

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Whilst in France last week blanc van homme pierre clipped our UK N/S wing mirror on our 2016 MH. IT has damaged the casing and the indicator lens. Looking round to find a replacement but all the usual places such as ebay etc. no one seems to stock them, only the older shorter arm versions.

Finally got a quote for one from magnumvs for £314.95 :mad: unfortunately its the one with the sat nav, DAB multi functional aeriel on the 2350 wide body. Just wondered if anyone knows anywhere cheaper, apparently Fiat want £420 (TBC) so any savings would be appreciated.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Is it operational?. But just Cosmetic?. If so bond the bits back together and get a pair of Covers?.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Google mirrorman Bury,see if they can help.

Eric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
There is a place in the Midlands that sells covers and indicator lights can't remember the name but are on e bay, check out mirror casings, they are about £25 each and the indicator £10..... Remembered, it's emparts, but you need to know if your mirror is a medium or long arm. There are also some available from poland

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Whilst in France last week blanc van homme pierre clipped our UK N/S wing mirror on our 2016 MH. IT has damaged the casing and the indicator lens. Looking round to find a replacement but all the usual places such as ebay etc. no one seems to stock them, only the older shorter arm versions.

Finally got a quote for one from magnumvs for £314.95 :mad: unfortunately its the one with the sat nav, DAB multi functional aeriel on the 2350 wide body. Just wondered if anyone knows anywhere cheaper, apparently Fiat want £420 (TBC) so any savings would be appreciated.

Feel for you Michael,the same happened to us but in reverse.
In the U.K. In our LHD Transit based van when skanky traveller in his Transit and caravan demolished completely my RHS mirror,long arm,electric and heated,bodged till I got home and was €300 to replace at the local main Ford dealer.Only enjoyment was looking at all the different coloured new Mustangs for sale while waiting 50 mins for my new mirror to be fitted.By the way my insurance excess was €300, strange coincidence,maybe.

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Same for us 2 years ago but brought one online for about £150, it turned out the company was just around the corner from where we live on a small industrial estate. My local garage were really good and managed to rewire the aerial into the new one and only charged me £30. To be honest you could probably do it yourself. I will try and find the email address for the mirror providers tomorrow, the garage were certainly impressed with the quality of the mirror.

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Just swapped our long arm 2015 mirrors for medium length ones. So have a pair going spare.

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
Broken Link Removed has a huge range of mirror options for fiat Ducato, although I was only looking at older van models, it's worth a try.

OLLI17

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
The garage I use bought one for about £130 off eBay a few months back and fitted it for me. Sorry, can't remember seller but downside is that now the indicator fault light shows up on dashboard as it is not a genuine part. Also when I went to put a protective cover on it didn't quite fit as it should.
Still think it was the better option rather than forking out over £400.
Keep looking.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Mirrorman, though be careful what length you order. I ordered long, assuming there was just short and long. Wrong, there's medium too, which turned out to be what I needed on our previous van, 2011 Swift Bessacarr E450.

OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
An update.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, I managed to get the 3 parts form EM Parts EBAY store total cost £45, very helpful, ordered Thursday arrived and fitted today. Good fit, just one screw did not line up but a guy rope tie sorted that out, as you can see good as new. For anyone in the same boat the EBAY part numbers are 252617035673 for the cover, 252739896625 for the indicator and 261617794196 for the glass.

Mirror Glass.PNG
Mirror.PNG

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
The garage I use bought one for about £130 off eBay a few months back and fitted it for me. Sorry, can't remember seller but downside is that now the indicator fault light shows up on dashboard as it is not a genuine part. Also when I went to put a protective cover on it didn't quite fit as it should.
Still think it was the better option rather than forking out over £400.
Keep looking.

The fault you describe with the bulb is because the bulb in the Ebay replacement is a 4watt bulb and the OE bulb is a 5watt. Also the Ebay bulb is orange.
I bought a 5W orange capless bulb from Halforsd which fixes the problem.

Jan 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Got me thinking this thread did.
I have replaced mirrors on a Ducato minibus , RH side only with Ebay cheapies and never encountered an aerial or a temperature sensor. Also as far as I could see the loom connector matched up perfectly.

Have just bought a 2008 Chausson on Ducato and now I am wondering if it has an aerial or a temperature sensor in either of the mirrors.

Is the aerial for the radio ?

Could anybody please advise?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Glad you are sorted - I was going to say, I think it's Jezport on here that is selling budget covers on ebay for £34.99 delivered - I reckon this is his advert:

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
The aerial and electronics are only in the UK near side mirror. Both sides have the motors and wiring for the mirror movements, but only the near side has the PCB for the aerial and temperature sensor.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
OUCH those initial quotes are horrendous
I clipped our nearside on a bridge in Wales and today felt well enough brain wise to investigate the damage
following a different thread I removed the plastics from the side arms to fin that the top joint (now wishing I'd taken pictures) was broken the stub that holds the metal tube of the arm was broken off
So drilled out and tapped the joint and put a bolt inside the stub and refixed the arm to the hinge and amazingly it worked perfectly everything is now re assembled and plastics replaced

Cost one bolt from my spares box

and an hour and half of time

result

Jan 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
OUCH those initial quotes are horrendous
I clipped our nearside on a bridge in Wales and today felt well enough brain wise to investigate the damage
following a different thread I removed the plastics from the side arms to fin that the top joint (now wishing I'd taken pictures) was broken the stub that holds the metal tube of the arm was broken off
So drilled out and tapped the joint and put a bolt inside the stub and refixed the arm to the hinge and amazingly it worked perfectly everything is now re assembled and plastics replaced

Cost one bolt from my spares box

and an hour and half of time

result

I drive a Ducato minibus (and soon to drive our first MH) and started to consider mirrors are almost consumable items on a minbus or MH.
The minibus is 4 years old and is on it's 3rd offside mirror.

Tradesmans vans are the worst..............

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I drive a Ducato minibus (and soon to drive our first MH) and started to consider mirrors are almost consumable items on a minbus or MH.
The minibus is 4 years old and is on it's 3rd offside mirror.

Tradesmans vans are the worst..............

The mirror is fine for us it was just folding in at speed over 50 so SWMBO had to preposition it over 30 mins or so
to find the casting broken was an easy fix for me as I was taught tons by by dad who was a Blacksmith/Welder which is standing me in good stead for ownership

Forby81

Free Member
Aug 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
fiat Pegaso 745 roll

Hi.
This just happened to me. Can you advise me where to get replacements please
Cheers
Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back