Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
HI All
We are looking at going to Spain for 4 weeks in October and I have some questions I hope you can help me with

1 Which is the best crossing / ship to go on choosing between Portsmouth to Santander or Portsmouth to Bilbao

2 Is it woth joining club voyage for one trip would it pay for itself and do the both of us have to join or just 1 person per couple

3 Do you have to join club voyage for both France and Spain so 2 memberships or does it cover both on one membership

4 Is there a way of getting a price with a club voyage membership to compare the cost both with and without joining club voyage

5 Can you book or request an inside space for your vehice as dont fancy it getting covered in salt spray

6 Has anyone been on the new ship Salamanca to Bilbao

Many Thanks

Last edited:
May 21, 2021
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 1986
We went last October, out on the Finistaire into Bilbao, returned on the Galica out of Santander, I found Bilbao an easier port to join the motorway, the Galica in my opinion was a better ship, a lot depends on your final destination, we went to Benicassim and one free night there and back in Zaragoza, hope that helps?

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Spanish membership will get you 30% off the vehicle and passenger only (cabins are not included )
I believe the Spanish membership will also get you discount on the french sailings

I believe the Salamanca is about due to start sailing shortly (they were still training the crew when I saw her in Santander last week)
I believe the cap finistre has been sold now
I don’t think you can book the space for the van as it’s all down to the crew loading the ship where you go,( unless your disabled ,then they put you close to a internal lift to the decks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Spanish membership will get you 30% off the vehicle and passenger only (cabins are not included )
I believe the Spanish membership will also get you discount on the french sailings

I believe the Salamanca is about due to start sailing shortly (they were still training the crew when I saw her in Santander last week)
I believe the cap finistre has been sold now
I don’t think you can book the space for the van as it’s all down to the crew loading the ship where you go,( unless your disabled ,then they put you close to a internal lift to the decks
Discounts for new members to Club Voyage have been drastically altered, no discount at all in the summer months, worth checking.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back