Feeling ashamed at Teruel (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Those who have used the Guardia Civil aire at Teruel will know that it is a free parking area on a mixed car park, next to the Guardia Civil, and in a pleasant residential area, beside a public park. There are no facilities but it is very clean and safe.
We were there last night, among around 30 vans of various nationalities. Together with a silver panel van with 2 bikes on the back, we were the only Brits. This morning, our compatriots decided to empty a tank of grey waste onto the car park, before they drove off. This was the cause of some consternation to a group of Spanish motorhomers, who then approached us and pointed out what our fellow Brits had done. They were, by no means, blaming us, but having read many posts on this forum about Germans/French/Dutch (but, God forbid, never Brits :rolleyes:!) behaving irresponsibly, I can only assume that mud sticks :(. It certainly made us feel both ashamed and angry :oops:.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I wonder who from time to time on dumping threads posts “there’s no proof, it’s always reported by a camp owner, a motorhome hater etc, didn’t really happen “
Looks like this one is real :)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Those who have used the Guardia Civil aire at Teruel will know that it is a free parking area on a mixed car park, next to the Guardia Civil, and in a pleasant residential area, beside a public park. There are no facilities but it is very clean and safe.
We were there last night, among around 30 vans of various nationalities. Together with a silver panel van with 2 bikes on the back, we were the only Brits. This morning, our compatriots decided to empty a tank of grey waste onto the car park, before they drove off. This was the cause of some consternation to a group of Spanish motorhomers, who then approached us and pointed out what our fellow Brits had done. They were, by no means, blaming us, but having read many posts on this forum about Germans/French/Dutch (but, God forbid, never Brits :rolleyes:!) behaving irresponsibly, I can only assume that mud sticks :(. It certainly made us feel both ashamed and angry :oops:.

There are a surprising amount of all nationalities that find this acceptable! Short sighted IMHO.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 31, 2017
Reading
Funster No
MH
Low profile coach built
Exp
We and our fellow mh are considering an overnight here 3rd April are there many places available and you consider it safe (as can be)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Space for 25 plus vans, no facilities, if full you can stay on the Dino Park carpark across the main road behind the garage , again no facilities. Supermarkets and diesel and lpg at the garage

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I have no words for how stupid some people are.

Spain has had (and still has) pretty flexible regulations for parking motorhomes, but I do feel it will only be a matter of time before incidents such as this (and worse) will have the authorities looking to change the regulations to the detriment of all of us :(.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We frequently see people doing the same on the car park at Cite Europe.
Quite unnecessary as there are dump facilities round the corner at the filling station.
Some people just don’t care.
:(

Richard.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Personally I would have had to say something to them at the time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back