Faded plastic bumpers/trims on Peugeot Boxer (1 Viewer)

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
Hello all,

I have the answer for you all and this is true.

And all if not most of you have the product to use and we do t know we have got it and it's free.

What I'm going to say is true and please try it, it works and works very well.

You know when you do a oil change?.

Keep a couple of pints of USED dirty diesel engine OIL.

Yes must be used DIESEL oil NOT petrol.

Put a bit on a rag rub it in as it's used dirty oil it will have all additives in it from the engine and also water proof to.

Apply on all faded plastic ie bumpers, mirrors and door trim with another rag go over it again just to clean it up a bit, will look like new again.

If you don't believe me try on on you door mirror first as a test.

Please keep me updated.
Jason.
I used to paint all my fence posts and panels with old truck engine oil years ago...BUSBY.
Apparently try old Diesel engine oil, but it must be used, wipe a bit on with a rag and then wipe off!

Slightly worried at the use of old engine oil as it is carcinogenic according to the HSE. We used to have to regularly monitor mechanics hands for signs of cancer.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
tried all the solutions on my 2004 ducato..... probably spent not far off £100 for various creams and potions and a heat gun.....£60 for a new bumper and an hour to fit was a much better option.... nice little coat of protectant from day one...lol
But what about all the other black,,ie mirrors,door handles,rear bumpers, black surrounds for Windows,side protection strips etc etc..Cost me a fortune to change them all.
BUSBY.

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
But what about all the other black,,ie mirrors,door handles,rear bumpers, black surrounds for Windows,side protection strips etc etc..Cost me a fortune to change them all.
BUSBY.
Funny as it may sound...they are all grey.....and so is the new bumper...only black item is the mirror backs and they come up a treat...it was just the damn from bumper which had gone from grey to blue/white/grey mix of colours..... all good now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back