F60 drop down bed (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
aassdd
Morning all my f60 autotrail drop down bed has worked once since new (2 weeks old ) Edwards' Worcester dealers whom I purchased say they are to busy to fix it they are fully booked, is there anywhere I could take it to get it repaired I am situated in Watford thanks

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Is it a two button controller. Have you tried closing it first, then try bringing it down.

a few years back, someone on a rally had a problem with their drop down bed that they asked for help with. The problem proved to be that they had put the bed up laden with lots of bedding from that and the made up bed so it did not go to the limit of it's travel. That triggered a sensor that then allowed it to come back down. Dragging all the pillows etc out wasn't easy, but it then allowed it to go all the way up after which it came down with no problem. .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
le STYle
Feb 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
aassdd
Thanks I gave it a try but to no luck the 2 relays are clicking when I try moving up and down is this the issue thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Can't really answer you question I regret. I was only involved with that one because they came to ask the marshals for help. I think it was a Chausson. Just throwing it out there in case it was the same issue. I agree that the dealer being too busy is inexcusable. Time to contact the Managing Director and threaten to reject the van as not fit for purpose as they are unable to correct it in a reasonable time. They may have contacts local to you they will sub contract too, but it's their problem, not yours. I would also contact Autotrail on 01472 571000 and ask them for their view of the dealers response and can they assist. Make sure they are aware that it's 2 weeks old. If that fails, contact trading standards.

Upvote 0

brentperkins

Free Member
May 22, 2024
Funster No
MH
hymer 570
I would do 2 things, as it’s 2 weeks old threaten to reject the vehicle if they don’t fix it, need to put everything in writing, also contact Autotrail via social media they may be much keener to get it fixed once you start posting a 2 week van cannot be used and the supplying won’t fix it.

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
I would do 2 things, as it’s 2 weeks old threaten to reject the vehicle if they don’t fix it, need to put everything in writing, also contact Autotrail via social media they may be much keener to get it fixed once you start posting a 2 week van cannot be used and the supplying won’t fix it.
What brentperkins says.
While things can go wrong with new vans dealers saying they haven't the time to fix things pronto is not acceptable.
Tell them to postpone someone else's work or you are going to reject the motorhome.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back