Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 27, 2016
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1997
Just received email from Eurotunnel saying now booking up to early September. I wonder if there will be a rush with the Brexit uncertainty.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Probably the purpose of the email.
Drum up some bookings as most people are putting it off to see what happens

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We’re booked back mid March in case the French try to bugger the crossings up then will go out later if thing are calm.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
We couldn't book with Eurotunnel for 31 July as they hadn't released the fares when we looked. Ended booking with P&O, Dover Calais via Direct ferries for £96.00 (one-way), including full cancellation. I.e. we get the whole lot back if we need to cancel which we might - elderly MIL.

We like the tunnel but at £129.00 one-way a little OTT when compared to the ferry price and we are not pressed for time.

I can’t imagine thing will change as a result of the political shenanigans that will no doubt continue for a fair while yet, so we are continuing as if nothing will change. I accept, as we don’t have any dogs/pets, there is less for us to contend with, though.

Slightly off piste – when talking to the C&MC they advised that any P&O fare is changeable for up to a year for a £20.00 admin fee plus any fare difference. The year runs from the time of booking not the departure date.
They also suggested that on the Hull routes fares might be cheaper at the weekend due to the HGV travel embargo on French roads from 10 PM Saturday to 10PM Sunday – not sure if that is the reality.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
An email from Stena today, Holland suits me when we take the car to the Faroes.

Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals land early for our Extra members! Snap up the best sailing fares to Holland in our up to 20% off Economy, Flexi and Premium fares with offer code BF20.

Make the most of Black Friday, plan a trip this winter and enjoy a magical time in Holland – Visit the Christmas markets in Rotterdam, the famous Ice-skating rinks or experience New Year's with the family abroad.

Your winter escape doesn't have to end there! If you book with a car you could drive from Holland to great destinations like Belgium or Scandinavia.

Hurry, offer ends midnight 27th November and is valid on travel up until the 30th June 2019!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Searched for 30th Aug- 14th Sept....came up “Dates not yet available” ?????? On Eurotunnel??

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Only ever book the tunnel two weeks ahead or much less on the return , never had a problem .

OP
OP
W
Oct 27, 2016
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1997
Yes, I should have said the booking window ends on 8th September.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We’re booked back mid March in case the French try to bugger the crossings up then will go out later if thing are calm.

that's it , rats , sinking ship & all that. + You'll miss the car boot at Bergues ??:laughing::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
An email from Stena today, Holland suits me when we take the car to the Faroes.

Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals land early for our Extra members! Snap up the best sailing fares to Holland in our up to 20% off Economy, Flexi and Premium fares with offer code BF20.

Make the most of Black Friday, plan a trip this winter and enjoy a magical time in Holland – Visit the Christmas markets in Rotterdam, the famous Ice-skating rinks or experience New Year's with the family abroad.

Your winter escape doesn't have to end there! If you book with a car you could drive from Holland to great destinations like Belgium or Scandinavia.

Hurry, offer ends midnight 27th November and is valid on travel up until the 30th June 2019!

Yup, just booked for June(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back