European Road Atlas (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Hello
Now I am a bit of a traditionalist and I love looking and studying paper maps when I plan my journeys. I really fear that the human race is losing the ability to navigate without technology. I'm certainly not a technophobe and I do compliment some journeys using Satellite Navigation systems, they really do have some benefits which I am all for.

Somprior to embarking on a few European road trips which will be undertaken over the next few months, what I am really looking for is a very detailed comprehensive European road atlas. There is a good choice between the Mitchelin, Philips, Collins, AA and from other publishers. I'm really looking for a several hundred page comprehensive atlas which certainly covers western Europe - France, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Austria, Italy.

The Philips publications seem to fit the bill but before I puchase would like to know what the alternatives are and also the best edition? please can you assist?

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I prefer Michelin maps generally, they give the width of the roads.

Though I always use a satnav for navigation, I plot my own routes using maps, then upload them to my unit..

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
WE use the Michelin one - it's OK for route planning but then really need a detailed one of the country. We have also used the fold out maps too. I've a feeling you may not find what you are looking for!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I would have this one for touring France --- and one for individual countries.

One for Europe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back