Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Hi Bob

Well talk about the reverse experience, although reading between the lines I can see Elite in their true light. You may well find that the agency was taken from them as opposed to them giving it up!

We have a Chausson and they are the only dealers within a reasonable distance. Like many motor home manufacturers their warranty comes to an abrupt end if you use another agent as we found out. So we thought let's use a recognized dealer so we had both a motor service and a hab. check done by Elite. no probs. with the motor part but their overall CS was non existent. They promised a loan car for the day, but that was not available when we arrived. One of the directors drove us to Banbury for the day and on the way said how business was so good he was selling his Aston Martin to buy a Lamborghini, which should have warned us. came to collect the Chausson just before they closed at 5.00 and were purely presented with a bill for nearly £900.00. hardly gave us the chance to view the m/h as they were all leaving and found they had flooded the bathroom and dinette floor which still needed mopping up which we had to do, put blood on two seats, and as we later saw had used a moisture meter that left 76 holes around the windows and doors. Said they checked the solar cells but they don't work and the battery they put in eventually burnt out. Apart from that just rude!

We are still fighting this case and if necessary it will end up in the Small Claims Court.

So BEWARE OF ELITE. Get rich quick merchants who used to be in the lorry business prior to making a fortune out of us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
can I ask what the £900 was for? a hab and and service and a bill for £900 ? no wonder he's driving a bentley. How was this broken down? even a major service on my Audi doesn't come in at that.

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
I don't think I have it at work but will send a copy on Friday. made me drop off my seat when I heard it too, especially after the way we were treated. He probably has 2 Lambo's just in case one runs out of fuel!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
well all I would say is that even this company www.brownhills.co.uk/motorhome-servicing.html who have not been without it's problems over the years and who are certainly not the cheapest only charge what they rate in there.

My servicing of my Fiat previously in a fiat dealer with a cambelt only came in at £500 all be it a few years back, so unless they have carried out a repair which they should have informed you of prior to starting it's sounding well fishy.

My Merc Rapido was serviced with new brake pads and discs and some posh oil for £350 at my local decent old school garage..

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
I'll mail over to you the invoice when I've scanned it and you can see the breakdown (sorry for the pun1)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
here it is again

Wow 3.5 hours labour for an internal habitation check, I must be out of touch wonder what that includes, have you checked all the work has been done, mechanical service, all replacement items etc.

If you are out of warranty then you can check most of the things yourself, get a decent damp meter for £50 which is less than a quarter of the internal habitation labour charge.

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
The labour element included changing a broken skylite mechanism, replacing cartridges in the bathroom sink unit and then changing over the hab. battery under the drivers seat.
Since then I have changed the hab battery with the help of a insurance breakdown guy, as the seats are very heavy. That took us about an hour (but then this was the first time for us), skylite mech was prob. 30 mins and the cartridges 30 mins. So that leaves them a very good 1 1/2 hours for the hab check.

Unfortunately once bitten twice shy. What got us was the way they handed it back - partially flooded and blood on the seats! All just before they closed so you didn't have time to check everything. Hence calling them "Rip Off Elite".

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Did u buy your van from them? We did and I wonder if the care element changes if u do

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
No we didn't. We have had previous hab checks carried out by Marquis - about £200 and no holes in the internal walls. I questioned Elite about that saying, "do you use that type of meter on all motor homes when doing hab. checks?" Answer; "yes and no-one has ever complained about the holes in the walls". Takes some believing. Either they are lying or others don't take as much care as we do - v. hard to believe the latter.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Got to admit - I don't remember any holes in the wall fabrics in ours

But I do remember the Aston up for sale :)

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
You certainly would see the holes - 76 in total - just can't be missed. But to quote Elite, "Surely it is worthwhile having a few holes to be certain their is no damp. Any future buyer would see you were serious about the hab. check"!! maybe he would like that done in his new Lambo' - it probably leaks anyway!! Never was keen on them but got the Aston for a snip!

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
Must admit we visited them to look at initially an A class which was in pretty poor condition on viewing. We viewed a Chausson for the first time and was really impressed, however we had derisory offer on our old van. They did ring later to up the offer(still not good) . Salesman was more interested in his lunch being brought in by daughter in her new car! When we bought privately exactly same van but fitted with many more extras he got really upset. One of his comments was you have no warranty, his needs servicing every year by them to be valid, when I pointed out that over £7000 cheaper I could afford a few repairs was met with a curt reply. Don't bother with them now, use Emm Bee motor homes for any spares and a local company Heart Of England motor homes for hab checks etc. Servicing by the company next to them Corporate Service Solutions at Long Buckby very happy

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Cheers Geoff thanks for all the tips. What m/home did you end up buying? Ours is a Chausson 626 Flash with bunks at the rear and the usual double over the cab. We, like you, were most impressed with Chausson (until they told us everything had to come through a dealer - even spares!) That's the cartel we are dealing with. We are forced into dealing with lousy dealers when good guys, like those you mention, can only be used if you want to break their warranty. Mind you so long as you have an Al-Ko chassis you'r better off without the dealers and the makers warranty - it just isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
We bought a Suite Relax we loved the layout. The centre kitchen is superb and we have room for when the daughter and family use it . Our layout is end bedroom fixed bed that you can walk round two sides, a double drop down bed in middle that can drop halfway to use lower double if needed. Emm Bee have been superb for spares prompt replys. Ian at Heart of England is good very sensible and approachable, they have courtesy cars I believe(I don't use as just down road off A5).

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Cheers Geoff will follow up and try to use them. Have you Motorhome Wifi booster installed as I am just reading about them and will see them this weekend at the NEC. Also see Chausson... just working out what to say!:pinocchio::pinocchio:Seems about right.

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
No afraid not at moment most we tend to go away is about 1month at moment maybe in future will look at it let me know how you get on

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
With the family all utilizing some high tech wizadry I felt it would help, but will see. I will post a review on here if we decide to purchase. Am hoping I can use the kit in the house as the wifi can be a bit weak and I can't pick up a 3G or 4G mobile signal indoors.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I have to say that our experiences with Elite couldn't have been better, and that is reflected in my review. They were attentive, professional and very knowledgeable in every respect. Certainly far and away above the level of attention given us by several others

I had a couple of minor teething niggles, and when they inspected to sort them out, they pointed out a couple of cosmetic faults from the factory. As a result an external panel was replaced (door misaligned causing minor scuffing and replaced a window because the surround had a scuff in it which I had not done and hadn't even noticed). And they threw in a snazzy shower duckboard (usually a very costly additional option) as a freebie to compensate for the hassle

Our own hab check came out a lot cheaper than yours, just shy of £250 and the M/H was returned cleaned from top to bottom and valeted inside. They certainly used a non penetrative damp meter on ours, no holes anywhere.

Yes, it is a successful business, and obviously profitable, too. In many ways I find that more reassuring than if the owner drove a broken down old banger

I can't recommend them enough on the basis of our experience

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back