Electrics not working on hook up (1 Viewer)

Meepeedee

Free Member
Aug 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife
Exp
Hi,

Just returned from a camping weekend in my Knaus Motorhome. Plugged into the hook up, everything working dandy, heating on the electrics. Then the power failed, turns out the leisure battery was empty…

So, conundrum, why was the leisure battery not charging? Why was the power draining from the leisure battery when plugged in?

The Truma heating panel knows it’s plugged in, but the CBE PC-100 power panel doesn’t know it’s plugged in (no hook up light on).

Any ideas?

thanks!

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The CBE PC-100 receives a signal from the mains charger to show that the mains is operational. It's not receiving it, so the mains wiring to the charger could be faulty, or the charger could be faulty. Or the wiring from the charger to the PC-100 panel could be badly connected or faulty.

Do you have a multimeter to check on voltages?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
The Truma heating panel knows it’s plugged in, but the CBE PC-100 power panel doesn’t know it’s plugged in (no hook up light on).
Have you checked the charger hasn't been switched off..
You should see a red glow from the switch on the charger if it switched on.. a spring loaded switch on the bottom right of your charger I think..have a check
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Meepeedee

Meepeedee

Free Member
Aug 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife
Exp
Hmmm. Haven’t wielded a multimeter since my GCSEs. I can’t cause too much damage can I? What needs to be unscrewed etc?

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Measuring voltages is reasonably safe. You have to work quite hard to cause damage measuring voltages. Measuring resistances, you need to disconnect the item you are measuring, at least at one end, or the readings can be incorrect.

Measuring amps - you need to disconnect and place the meter in the circuit. Best to stick to voltage measurements, they usually tell you what you need to know for fault-finding. Use resistance measurement to check a fuse.

To refresh your memory, post 35 of this thread.

To check a fuse, post 43 of this thread

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back