Electrical / Battery dilemma - lead acid, gel or lithium? (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I took a lot of good advice and guidance from this Forum when I was setting up my new MH a year ago-ish.

I have 360 Solar, Victronic 430 MPPT Controller, Sterling B2B Charger, Efoy because it gives you reserve charge should you ever need it. 2 x 100amp Sterling Lithium’s.1600 Victonic Inverter.

We use 240v for everything Coffee Machine,Kettle,Hairdryer,anything and everything and we’ve just had 6 weeks in the MH to say I’m impressed is an understatement the system is brilliant and the Lithium’s are beyond unbelievable they just give power but never seem to drop off they are amazing.

I realise the cost implications here are high but if you can afford it why not.

Amazingly I did this to a MH that we downsized to and unfortunately we missed the larger MH so we’re going large again and I will be doing the same all over again, the EFoy comes with me though.

Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
I carry my little honda gennie in the garage if the batteries start getting a bit low during my regular freeloading t___r expeditions just fire it up and jobs a good un?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mr Mousy

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Lenny HB

Lenny, thank you for the battery suggestion. I have searched online the closest model number I can find in below. Please let me know where you bought yours from.
Thanks Martin

Screenshot_20190804-115630.png

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
In your opinion!

That's your opinion too, but with an edge, you want to sell as many lithium batteries as possible at a decent profit.

No it not opinion, it is a fact. You prove otherwise in all cases of use in a motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lenny HB

Lenny, thank you for the battery suggestion. I have searched online the closest model number I can find in below. Please let me know where you bought yours from.
Thanks Martin

View attachment 322198
Thats the one I paid about £140 from Tayna I think they have gone up a bit.

Just checked £155 +£10 carriage, if you sign up to their newsletter you sometimes get a discount also if buying more than one ring them and they will do them for a single carriage charge.

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
That's your opinion too, but with an edge, you want to sell as many lithium batteries as possible at a decent profit.

No it not opinion, it is a fact. You prove otherwise in all cases of use in a motorhome.

Actually I don’t even understand your second paragraph, and your first is laughable considering my first post in the thread advised Mr Mousy NOT to buy lithium batteries!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back