Hrogers17

Free Member
Apr 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own yet
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi. Seriously looking at our first motorhome and have seen both an Elddis Autostratus and Autotrailer Scout. Obviously very similar. Is one better than the other? Which one would you choose and why? Thanks Helen

OP
OP
H

Hrogers17

Free Member
Apr 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own yet
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi. Seriously looking at our first motorhome and have seen both an Elddis Autostratus and Autotrailer Scout. Obviously very similar. Is one better than the other? Which one would you choose and why? Thanks Helen
Or neither?? It is second hand as we are first timers and both about 20 years old!!

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Autotrail over Elddis for me. Consider it a better build.
Internal caravan parts or fridge / cooker will all be pretty similar. The base cab may be a consideration at 20 years some parts may start to become harder to get.
The scout has always been a popular van and layout.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We used to have a Scout and loved the layout.

That would be my choice.

Upvote 0

Tea break

Free Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Definitely autotrail bought brand new elddis last year had it for 6 months traded it in for new autotrail 615. elddis is a nice van but not nearly as good as the autotrail in my humble opinion others will obviously have there own opinions each to there own can’t all like the same thing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Vans are expensive to begin with and to help first time buyers some manufacturers do their best to keep the price down while providing all the facilities you may hope for. While others take a longer view sometimes incurring weight penalties by fitting sturdier components.
Both vans can be on equal footings with the chassis cab area but I would select the Auto Trail.
Better still, visit both vans and compare how they may best suit your needs.

Upvote 0
Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
Definitely autotrail bought brand new elddis last year had it for 6 months traded it in for new autotrail 615. elddis is a nice van but not nearly as good as the autotrail in my humble opinion others will obviously have there own opinions each to there own can’t all like the same thing.

I agree, sold our bought new Elddis after 2 years and bought new a now 3 year old Autotrail 615 with no problems unlike the Elddis. As already said each to their own view and experience, yours may be different to mine but both are valid.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back