Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
I was speaking to an Elddis owner recently that had a factory fitted alarm. Apparently it works just like the Strikeback with internal movement and external door protection. What i did like about it though was that the blue alarm light at the front was fitted to the windscreen pillar as standard. This allows the internal blinds to be closed without the need for another flashing light on the grill.

Maybe now converters realise that alarms are an important part of a motorhome and the rest will follow.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Autowatch Thatcham CAT 2-1 ?

Our 2013 Elddis Autoquest 175 is factory fitted with an Autowatch 695RLC which is Thatcham CAT 2-1
Our friends have a 2017 Marquis Majestic 125 (an Elddis Autoquest in a party dress) which has the same alarm so I suspect Elddis fit the same alarm across their range.

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
I was speaking to an Elddis owner recently that had a factory fitted alarm. Apparently it works just like the Strikeback with internal movement and external door protection. What i did like about it though was that the blue alarm light at the front was fitted to the windscreen pillar as standard. This allows the internal blinds to be closed without the need for another flashing light on the grill.

Maybe now converters realise that alarms are an important part of a motorhome and the rest will follow.

Yes normally an Autowatch system with the ones I have seen and taken out. They are installed once the motorhomes are built.

There definitely are similarities to the motorhome Strikeback or Growler systems as with all car alarm products offered throughout the market and probably a good option I'm sure.

LED's installed to inside pillars have been done for years especially when purpose designed outside external mounted LED's are not available. Not very good for the customer that wishes to put on outside external thermal windscreen blinds or when there is condensation build up however.

UK motorhome converters would possibly look at alarms for the UK market but really are not that interested. They would put a Tracker on as an example because once installed the warranty and support is then dealt with solely by the tracker provider to the customer.

As we know European motorhome manufacture's like Cathargo or Hymer already and have done for years offered alarms straight from the factory, however they do not comply with Thatcham specifications and regulations and can not be adapted to be so, which means they are pointless when the customer brings the van to the UK which is why the dealers do not offer it.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Our 2013 Elddis Autoquest 175 is factory fitted with an Autowatch 695RLC which is Thatcham CAT 2-1
Our friends have a 2017 Marquis Majestic 125 (an Elddis Autoquest in a party dress) which has the same alarm so I suspect Elddis fit the same alarm across their range.

Thanks, I did wonder as @Bobby22 described the alarm as fitted to our 2015 Majestic 195 exactly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Michae1

Free Member
Nov 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift sundance
Exp
Hi there , I’m new to this and new motorhome to boot, does the strobe light flash in armed mode, parked outside our house bedroom window , keeps us awake flashing all night

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Hi there , I’m new to this and new motorhome to boot, does the strobe light flash in armed mode, parked outside our house bedroom window , keeps us awake flashing all night
w2f

Yes it flashes in armed mode 👍 but it's the other side of the remis blinds so you don't notice it in the van.

Feb 13, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115 Vogue
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, the blue LED is bright, but acts as a good deterrent. Ours is parked under the bedroom window and lit up the room. We bought a blackout blind and solved the problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back