EHU Lead Conversion? (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi Everyone, Is it just me thats had to saw off the hinged sprung flap on my EHU lead to be able to insert it in the MH Truma Input Socket?
The Flap was and is facing upwards so without cutting it off it would not allow me to push it fully home.
Strange as I never had this problem on our previous caravan which was the same socket, maybe Carthago have put it in upside down.

Still its working now, just doesn't have a waterproof cover flap.

Thanks for listening, have you had this problem.

Les

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think you've been a bit hasty. I doubt the manufacturer got it wrong (although anything is possible) as it will be a routine procedure for them and then there are QC checks. I rather suspect 'user error', but then i'm not always right either! ;)

OP
OP
TinaLes
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
maybe I should have taken a picture, but you really could not get the plug into the socket with the sprung flap sticking up and in the way,even when holding The Truma Flap up also.
But ready to listen and admit my mistake if any.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, I think that the flap had maybe stuck and needed a little more persuasion if it was like mine a liberal dose of wd40 and a lot pushing and pulling required.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
The Flap on the Hook up Lead should go inside the connector on the van and act as a lock on the latch at the back. The blue lever in the connector on the van enables removal.

I assume this is the connector you have.

Electrical-Inlet-White.jpg

OP
OP
TinaLes
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Ok Guys, its Les "the sacrificial Lamb here" I honestly couldn't see how to get the Blue Flap on the EHU lead connector any further back than just past upright. Still I have sawn it off now and it works OK, I really wish I had taken a photo beforehand. Still at least it gave you all a laugh, which is what life is all about I guess....dont worry I can take it!, even lying down!:xwink:

Cheers to all, nice that you care :*

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Ok Guys, its Les "the sacrificial Lamb here" I honestly couldn't see how to get the Blue Flap on the EHU lead connector any further back than just past upright. Still I have sawn it off now and it works OK, I really wish I had taken a photo beforehand. Still at least it gave you all a laugh, which is what life is all about I guess....dont worry I can take it!, even lying down!:xwink:

Cheers to all, nice that you care :*
:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
We have all done something silly, although some may not admit it.
I won’t go in to when I could get no 12v power.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think that's the one that TinaL will have, with the magnetic flap. (The magnets attract road dirt, so you've always got two dark spots where the magnets are).
As the pic shows, the plug's cap goes into the housing. Just push in or pull out, no fiddly catch to find and operate.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
If it’s a Carthago try contacting a supplier service department. I’m sure you can order a replacement as it’s an item that is very easily snapped

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If it’s a Carthago try contacting a supplier service department. I’m sure you can order a replacement as it’s an item that is very easily snapped
My understanding is that it's the cap on the (old) EHU cable plug that's been removed. (Not supplied by the manufacturer and wilfully removed by the owner anyway.)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Please tell me you didn't really think he'd butchered his MH flap! :xeek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
its now a jewish hookup, its been circumcised
Its gonna be ruddy confused then 'cause that's the female end! :xrofl:

OP
OP
TinaLes
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
That would be great suggestion if it wasn't so funny!, Carthago give nothing away, not even an EHU lead, you have to supply your own, which I was warned of before handover by fellow Carthago owners.
Good job I kept the caravan one. I will continue to enjoy my "Modified" one, as it will surely give fellow funsters a laugh when they see it on Rallys:xrofl:
Thanks anyway, but dont tell TinaL I have been such a numpty,it will only confirm what she already knows.
A picture tells a thousand words doesn't it! Thanks Lenny also for posting the pics of how it should be done.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
One bonus is that the flap won't ever get stuck which has been known to happen and they are b@gger to get out and you don't need to mess about holding up the flap on the MH, the flap on the lead and push it in too, so now only a 2 handed (rather than 2 plus pet octopus) job! :xThumb:

OP
OP
TinaLes
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
its now a jewish hookup, its been circumcised
It was a tranny, just waiting for me "The Surgeon" to set it free !!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
One bonus is that the flap won't ever get stuck which has been known to happen and they are b@gger to get out and you don't need to mess about holding up the flap on the MH, the flap on the lead and push it in too, so now only a 2 handed (rather than 2 plus pet octopus) job! :xThumb:
Latest inlets don't have latches on then so one handed job.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
but that only requires two hands, which most of us have.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
hold the flaps open and push it in firmly.....always been a one man job as far as i remember

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back