EE in EU (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Off to Spain in a week or so, first time with a new data contract since brexit so I thought I'd phone EE to see what option there is.

Best is their roam abroad option. That's an extra £25p/m to use whatever contract you have in EU (they also have a daily option at £2.50p/d). Now I know this isn't a new thing but I remember checking before and it was limited to 50Gb per month. I asked them if this 25 quid payment allowed me to use the exact allowances on my current plan (unlimited data in UK) and she said yes, if I pay the extra I can use my unlimited plan in EU with know restriction on data usage. I will, of course, be keeping an eye on this while away. A handy option for data abroad in my opinion.

That's for my data only account with 4GEE device. I also have a load of data allowance on my phone account and because that contract was started before brexit then that is not affected in any way and I can use my data abroad with no limitations. So I should be good for my month away.

So if you have a contract signed before brexit I would think twice about upgrading it. Sometimes better to keep it and just buy a newer phone so you don't lose your pre-brexit allowances.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Just posting this for information.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
EE offer £10 for a month where you can use your data abroad, which my wife does.

Or you can tell them to stick their contract, as you are going to O2 who allow you to use your data abroad and then EE allow you to as well, if you stay with them. 👍🏻👍🏻

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
EE offer £10 for a month where you can use your data abroad, which my wife does.

Or you can tell them to stick their contract, as you are going to O2 who allow you to use your data abroad and then EE allow you to as well, if you stay with them. 👍🏻👍🏻
O2 will only let you use up to 25GB in the EU.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp

That’s what I did with EE, asked for a PAC code and finished the call. Got a callback with good offer uhmed and arrhd, think about it etc, and got the roaming charge included.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
EE has slowly given in, I have a new contract, about 2 months ago and did travel out and test it. I got unlimited on the router sim including EU.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
EE has slowly given in, I have a new contract, about 2 months ago and did travel out and test it. I got unlimited on the router sim including EU.
Just to confirm this again, we left UK 20 ish dec last year, and returned just over a week ago. The data was indeed unlimited as per contract and no limiting. It did drop out few times in some countries, but on/off router will reset and pick up the network again. 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back