Eco Tree Lithium's installed by Oak Tree (1 Viewer)

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
I have recently had two 100ah Eco tree lithium’s fitted by Oak tree Motorhomes

I had fitted two Lithium’s, Victron Orion B2b, Victron 240v Charger and a Victron BMV 712 shunt

The process could not have been easier, Delivered the motorhome to Oak Tree, where we were met by Andy, the service manager who introduced us to the actual technician who would be doing the work.

The explanation of what goes where was clear and concise. Our choice was to leave the motorhome at Oaktree and collect when convenient to us. Next day, telephone call from Andy to say “All complete”

At collection, after having the obligatory coffee (rude not to) everything was demonstrated in full. Including setting up the Victron app on my I phone.

The price quoted was very good, the installation excellent, with everything secured. A few days after installation I received a call from Rob the director of Oaktree asking if everything was OK, and was I completely satisfied… with follow up like that, that is customer service at its best

The Test…wow

We went for 5 nights off grid, I was determined to really test these batteries. So, we left the gas kettle at home, packed the microwave, Induction hob and coffee machine and away we went.

To say I am impressed is an understatement. The weather was mixed with sunny spells and plenty of rain. But I really tried to put the batteries through their paces.

We frequently used the kettle, coffee machine and microwave and even charged up the Dyson, we watched plenty of TV because of the weather, and the BMV show battery charge 67% at the end of the trip, which was soon made up on the drive home by the B2B.

Got to be one of the best purchases we have made, and I can honestly say that it was no different than camping with EHU using the equipment as intended

Would I use Oak tree again? Most certainly would, it is companies like this that make the experience of having work done, a pleasure. Thank you Rob and the team at Oak tree, one very satisfied customer

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Why not post your comments in the reviews section as it won’t be on the first page very long😊👍

OP
OP
TCG

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Why not post your comments in the reviews section as it won’t be on the first page very long😊👍
I would if i could. cannot find a section for lithium's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I get more confused by lithium installs.
Eco tree say drop in replacement for lead batteries,so why have you had a new charger and shunt.
I see the need for a b to b charger,

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I was luck enough to win one of Eco Trees batteries in a Funsters competition..Had it fitted at Oak Tree and their service was excellent.Not been away yet to test it..BUSBY.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
I get more confused by lithium installs.
Eco tree say drop in replacement for lead batteries,so why have you had a new charger and shunt.
I see the need for a b to b charger,
The charger on board is weak. Lithium’s can gobble lots of amps and a lithium profile charger is best for long life minimal degradation.
The bmv shunt, is to help monitor what you consumed and what you got left. You can’t estimate based on voltage with Lithium, impossible. It has to be a shunt that does coulomb count. The bmv does that.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I was fortunate enough to win one as well.

Excellent company to deal with and a great price!

I too have found them amazing, charge really really quick and use loads of electric devices off the inverter.

Youlostoo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2014
Pershore
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Since 2014

TCG Do you have any solar charging to top up ? That sounds great for 5 days with heavy use and no top up. We're off on Monday for a couple of days to check out ours.​

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The charger on board is weak. Lithium’s can gobble lots of amps and a lithium profile charger is best for long life minimal degradation.
The bmv shunt, is to help monitor what you consumed and what you got left. You can’t estimate based on voltage with Lithium, impossible. It has to be a shunt that does coulomb count. The bmv does that.
Thanks, that explains it better. I don’t use e.h.u. Much but would it still be better to install a lithium charger. I have a sterling 60 b to b

Youlostoo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2014
Pershore
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Since 2014

TCG Cheers, That's fantastic, have tried ours sitting on the drive, with hairdryer and microwave, but the real test will be next week. Lithium is the way to go (with the right kit)​

OP
OP
TCG

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Jim do we have a lithium link in reviews where i can place this -thanks

Nov 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Oaktree Motorhomes Lithium Install

I had 2 Eco Tree Lithium batteries fitted to my 5 year old Autotrail Delaware a few weeks ago.

Not being a technical person and wanting to pursue off grid camping especially in France I have been pleasantly surprised with the efficiency and performance of the install. The existing lead acid batteries were also coming to the end of their five year shelf life so although the lithiums are 8 times the price it is great to have some quality reassurance and back up.

The week after install we stayed 4 nights off grid and tested the batteries by using via the inverter the electric, lighting, microwave, refrigeration and halogen hob for cooking. On the second day we got the batteries down to 55% but by the following morning they were back up to 90% and then by lunchtime to 100%.

One thing that really pleased me was the attention to detail and the customer service from the team at Oaktree. Special mention to Rob, Gary and Andy not forgetting the install guys (sorry I have forgotten names) who were very informative and patient to explain everything through the app on my mobile phone.

So anyone looking for great customer service with a friendly and caring attitude look no further than Oaktree.

The following week I had a Van Biz Battery Master fitted as we had been getting a mystery drain on the vehicle battery over the two years I have owned the unit even after having a brand new Bosch fitted and then replaced again after a month thinking it was a dud. This has helped with transferring excess charge from the lithiums to the vehicle battery and since the main install I have not had the motorhome on hookup with the cab battery holding at between 12.5 and 12.8 volts. I also had the Alpine Head Unit supply transferred to the lithium set up from the vehicle battery which I believe has helped solve the mystery problem too.

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
Interested in the costs to install in total, if anyone is willing to share ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back