EBL99 fuse problem, or maybe more. (1 Viewer)

Simen

Free Member
Nov 30, 2020
Mandal, Norway
Funster No
MH
Hymer swing 544
Exp
Since 2015
Hi everyone. I'm new here and I was hoping someone would help me save my planned Christmas road trip. My 2000 544 Swing has been sitting in the garden for over a year doing nothing. The leisure battery was removed after it failed to charge from car and 230V. I tried an external charger and the battery started leaking. Thing is I didn't disconnect it nor push the cut off switch at the EBL. I connected the can to 230V and everything worked fine, including 12V and the CP. But now, when trying to connect a new battery the fuse for the charger (intern lademodul), that sits next to the cutoff switch, breaks the moment I connect the battery. I have followed the instructions from the manual. I hope my stupidity has not ruined the electroblock entirely. Anyone have an idea on where to start?
Screenshot_20201201_002046.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:
Sounds like the Mains charger has blown in the EBL, this is quite common if left connected to a battery that has failed.
You can send the EBL back to Schaudt in Germany for repair their charges are reasonable.

To get you going on your trip you can connect another charger direct to the battery obviously this will not charge the starter battery like the EBL does.

The small slide on/off switch is best left on with older EBL's they have a habit of failing, if you turn them off they won't turn back on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You can send to apulijack engineering or a and n caravan services. Both in uk and both very good.

OP
OP
Simen

Simen

Free Member
Nov 30, 2020
Mandal, Norway
Funster No
MH
Hymer swing 544
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you for your replies. It turned out there was a problem with one of the wires from the leisure battery. Had a friend come over with a multimeter and he got almost everything up and running except 12v when only using battery power. When engine is on or on 220v all is well. But when trying to activate 12v on battery power there is a click in the EBL but no power.

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Is the leisure battery fully charged? What leisure battery voltage & current is showing on the Control Panel when on 220v or when engine is running?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back