eBay scams - what happens when you contact them (1 Viewer)

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
God these things make me sick..

As you will of seen on my post "selling my van" a mark Michael sent me a text requesting I email him further details of my van to markmichael723@yahoo.com sounds like a genuine text, however, I'm unsure at this point as to why a text requesting an email was sent and not a phone call. I then googled his email address which made me aware of various scams. Instantly I know it's a scam...

However, I had emailed him but using my spam account asking what further info he needs.

He emails back saying all he needs is my bank details and shipping details and he will pay up.

I email back telling him that I hope he dies a slow and painful death and that he is sliced up and left to die. Pretty strong for me but these people are a parasites...

I'm sorry George that you got scammed, I can't believe that people do what you done. I just don't understand why someone will put large amounts of money on to a bank account with out seeing something.

I hope you do get your money back but somehow I doubt you will :Sad:

He probably wants you to send him pictures to his email address.....

....so he can then use your pictures to advertise your van for sale.

I don't think he can take copies from eBay as they all have eBay logo on them.

He uses your original pictures to repost on eBay or some other site like Gumtree or Autotrader.:Smile:

Barstewards:Sad:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
No such thing as a free lunch. I honestly cannot believe that any one would part with a large sum of money for goods they have not seen or have in their possession . Ok i use E.bay and Amazon but only for inexpensive items. I feel sorry for them though.

OP
OP
Sidney
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
unfortunately we paid this person into barclays account £5.400 for car that didn't come now we know why
any tips on contacting:cry:

george

I'm so sorry :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Here is one i had last night, selling my car on ebay

Full Name: Sara Gurner
Primary Telephone: 0778 64546444
---------------------------------------------------------
I am very interested. How do i buy? Please get back to me only at kuew33@gmail.com

Thanks and i would appreciate your answer.

Sent her a email got a reply on what looked like a ebay message.

eBay Member kuew333 requested buy your item. please click here.

This took you to a fake login page.

I then closed down the page, reported it to ebay last night, not had a reply yet.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I look at trikes for sale on ebay there are usually at least six or seven adds that are copied from genuine adds from the past when you look at the other things they have for sale it is things like plant diggers etc,quad bikes,tractors non of which they own after hundreds of reports to ebay I just give up as if you did not look every day you would not see the scams.
They are usually far to cheap to be real and this makes them stand out. Ebay does not care as long as they get the listing money.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
They are usually far to cheap to be real and this makes them stand out. Ebay does not care as long as they get the listing money.

Do they get the listing money?. Probably paid from hijacked credit card details. It's worth reporting them as can be seen since Terry instigated a vendetta on scammers on Ebay. I've been reporting scam motorhomes and caravans since Terry started and I'm glad to say the number of scams of MH's and caravans has reduced so much that today I haven't found a single one to report. So if every one reported scams for whatever item they are looking for be it a motorbike, car or expensive camera or anything else, then eventually the scammers will leave Ebay and concentrate on the likes of Gumtree who I believe have no means of reporting scams, leaving Ebay to be a safer place to shop.
Wherever you shop on-line, the principle remains the same though, don't part with money for expensive items without seeing the goods and remember 'if it seems too good to be true, it is'.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back