Easy lifter scooter lifter (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi fitted the easy lifter and tried it out with the scooter for the first time today and noticed a problem :( its a secondhand one I bought and I reckon fairly old as looking on the website they have modified it to prevent the very trouble I had.

You operate a bottle jack which pushes down and causes the scooter platform to rise, however the plate it pushes against at the top is simply butt welded to the upright and at some stage has bent and the welds are cracking, it should have had some gussets welded at each side to prevent this.

So I stripped it down and straightened it, then cut some gussets out of a piece of 3" angle I had kicking about and welded them in. Quite enjoyed doing it in the end, its been a long time since I did any fabrication.

Olley

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Olley

I've got the latest easylifter good bit of kit but I had to do a bit of beefing up on mine as well. I carry a 650 Kawasaki Versys weighs 170kg dry so close to the 200 kg limit. I was talking to the guy who makes them at 1 of the shows last year he reckons he carries a 250 kg bike all the time, not sure I'd want to risk it though.

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi fitted the easy lifter and tried it out with the scooter for the first time today and noticed a problem :( its a secondhand one I bought and I reckon fairly old as looking on the website they have modified it to prevent the very trouble I had.

You operate a bottle jack which pushes down and causes the scooter platform to rise, however the plate it pushes against at the top is simply butt welded to the upright and at some stage has bent and the welds are cracking, it should have had some gussets welded at each side to prevent this.

So I stripped it down and straightened it, then cut some gussets out of a piece of 3" angle I had kicking about and welded them in. Quite enjoyed doing it in the end, its been a long time since I did any fabrication.

Olley

Well done Olley
just shows you never realy lose it mate :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Get one of these. It allows you to take the bike along and tow a car. (No, it's not mine. I haven't ridden a bike in 40 years.)

Attachments

• lift_hitch.jpg
    lift_hitch.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 60
  • lift_down.jpg
    lift_down.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 61
  • load_bike.jpg
    load_bike.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 60
  • bike_raised.jpg
    bike_raised.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
hi Tom, now that is a serious bit of kit, I believe the guy I bought the lifter of was having one of those fitted to his new RV in the states. I think he said around $3000

Olley

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Olley,

I forget what the guy told me, but I seem to recall it was a lot more than $3,000.

I have an equivalent hydraulic lift on the rear swim platform of the boat, with a 1,000 lbs capacity. IIRC that was a $40,000 option. I use it to raise/lower a dinghy or a jet ski. See photos. (This isn't my boat, but it has essentially the same lift mechanism.)

Attachments

• Platformstowed-2.jpg
    Platformstowed-2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 19
  • TransomLift-Install-02.jpg
    TransomLift-Install-02.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 43
  • PlatformDeploy-1.jpg
    PlatformDeploy-1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 21
  • PlatformDeploy-2.jpg
    PlatformDeploy-2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 22
  • PlatformDeploy-3.jpg
    PlatformDeploy-3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 17

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Get one of these. It allows you to take the bike along and tow a car. (No, it's not mine. I haven't ridden a bike in 40 years.)

Looks a brilliant piece of Kit (The Bike) Tom.... The carriers great as well:RollEyes:

Can't imagine it being legal over here with those 2 arms projecting out like that.

Are laws less strict over there?

Steve.

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Steve,

I don't know about less strict, but probably different. The only real restriction is 65 feet overall length. This guy has a 40 foot motorhome and, when you add the car behind that lift, he's getting up there.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am buying one of Linda's heavy duty rack that can take 227KG but is static with a ramp (Geo the Coachman has one). My 500cc bike is 169KGs will I be able to drive it up the ramp standing next to it OK?

The bike does feel fairly light to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Well done Olley
just shows you never realy lose it mate :thumb:

Hi tony, weldings a bit like riding a bike after a long time, you never forget, just a bit wobbly. :ROFLMAO:

Hi Tom maybe it was £3000 not dollars? Heres a picture I just pinched off his website, he's just had it fitted to his new Country Coach.

Attachments

• 4892934.jpg
    4892934.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 20
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Olley,

That looks very similar, as best I can see in the photo. I'll ask the other guy next time I talk with him.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back