Sep 16, 2016
Eye, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Hello all.
Complete newbies here about to launch on our first motorhome search. Am thinking of probably buying from a dealer, if only to get some sort of warranty. We live in Suffolk and would rather use somebody local for "returns" if necessary and have been looking at:

Simpsons
Becks
Broadland
Marquis

Has anybody had dealings with these guys or others - especially Broadland (who have a van that we could be interested in)?
Marquis seem to get a bad press generally but I have not seen any adverse comments so far about the Ipswich lot.

Many thanks

Richard

OP
OP
richardab

richardab

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
Eye, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you for the replies everybody. We popped over to Broadland Leisure last weekend. The owner and his son were very friendly, knowledgable and helpful and even pointed us to one or two other vans cheaper than the one we were interested in. Not pushy at all.

I went back yesterday for test drive on a 2006 AutoSleeper Nuevo with 40,000 miles (advertised) and a screen price of £25,999. Having gone through Jim's check list (finding only a couple of very minor defects) and discovering the mileage was actually 48,300 I was happy to buy the van but expected to only pay £24,000. £24,500 at a push.

The dealer however would barely budge from his screen price. The lowest he would go to was £25,750. He made a big issue of the fact that I needed the driver seat modifying so that it would swivel like the passenger set.

So I walked away and the search goes on......

Am I being a bit naive expecting 5-10% off the screen price? I did wonder if the fact that he only deals in used vans makes a difference.

Upvote 0

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
You are the buyer, you ultimately have the final say, walk away if you are not satisfied, the main thing is, the main selling season is now coming to a close, and dealers will be more keen to do deals before winter, have patience, the deal is out there .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
richardab

richardab

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
Eye, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
That's what I thought too. End of season, end of the month, cash buyer....

I drove away somewhat bemused. Perhaps the weather is still a bit too good!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back