Dvla +C1 (1 Viewer)

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Long story cut short, had to renew licence by end July but left it late to post forms so I applied online so I could carry on driving the van (3500kg) so I posted them beginning Aug with cheque for £ 17 for change of photo, just checked bank account and dvla has cashed it so does that mean they are processing my application 🤞 I won't hold my breath ,but it gives me hope.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Long story cut short, had to renew licence by end July but left it late to post forms so I applied online so I could carry on driving the van (3500kg) so I posted them beginning Aug with cheque for £ 17 for change of photo, just checked bank account and dvla has cashed it so does that mean they are processing my application 🤞 I won't hold my breath ,but it gives me hope.
I've been driving for months with an out of date license, I've tried until I'm blue in the face to get it sorted, to no avail. If I get stopped by the police I'll have my day in court. I've bought and sold a car recently with no problems with the DVLA, my license is another story.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They shouldn't have cashed the cheque there is no charge if you are 70 or over, that would tell me who ever is dealing with it hasn't a clue, par for the course with DVLA.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
They shouldn't have cashed the cheque there is no charge if you are 70 or over, that would tell me who ever is dealing with it hasn't a clue, par for the course with DVLA.
Thought you had to pay if you were changing your photo, I had to do mine as I looked like Sadam :rofl:

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I think if you applied in good time, in good faith, a policeman - if you can find one at all, isn't going to throw the book at you for DVLA slow processing if your license.

I'd be more worried about your eyesight, or your tyres being bald!!

Cheers James

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
That happened to me. I think they have to put your cheque into their account, then send you a refund cheque. A real pain, I can never remember how I can get the cheque paid into my account, now my local bank's closed down.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
That happened to me. I think they have to put your cheque into their account, then send you a refund cheque. A real pain, I can never remember how I can get the cheque paid into my account, now my local bank's closed down.
Depending on the bank you can pay in at a post office or do it on a phone app taking a photo of the cheque. Unfortunately not all banks support these methods.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
l have just had medical fo C1 renewal and it was £17 to change photo, it was quite clear on bottom left next to check list.
I'm sorry but that is not correct you only have to pay if under 70 the from is not clear. As I said I did mine last year and had to send a photo there was no charge.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I had to renew my licence a couple of weeks ago. I decided to drop my HGV and just keep C1. I sent a new picture and filled in the form. I sent, paid no money. The licence form was posted and 9 days later my new licence arrived. All correct groups just as I wanted. No drama, no waiting. A good service I think.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
They refunded me but didn't update the photo, it runs out next year.
Took about 4 weeks for the new license to come back.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I’m not sure how paying because you need a new picture works. I didn’t pay anything and I’m 60.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I'm sorry but that is not correct you only have to pay if under 70 the from is not clear. As I said I did mine last year and had to send a photo there was no charge.
Lenny, l’m doing a Chaser here not letting go, take a look this is the form and no mention of free for over 70.
60627C96-6F83-4663-9A19-F5DDCDCF89CA.png

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Yes, you're right - it's wrong, in your case, and my case too. If challenged they would say that it says 'If a fee is not applicable then you will be refunded'. They don't list all the situations covered by that.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Lenny, l’m doing a Chaser here not letting go, take a look this is the form and no mention of free for over 70.
View attachment 530194
If you read it the fee only applies to * items of which medical renewal is not.
As you have to include a medical report it must be a medical renewal so I'll correct myself and say the form is correct, just not very well written.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back