Dvla +C1 (1 Viewer)

Sep 1, 2013
hull
Funster No
MH
low profile coach build
Exp
I have been trying to renew my PCV and LGV licence since May. As I’m over 70 I have to renew every year. I have to have a medical and complete the D4 form. Last year the DVLA waived the medical because of Covid and renewed my licence without a D4. This year I asked the question “Do I need a D4” they emailed back saying no. I submitted the renewal form and my licence only for it to be returned weeks later requesting a D4. I had a medical and submitted the renewal again with the completed D4 on 2nd August. Still waiting for it to come back!! If the DVLA have received a VALID application you can still continue to drive on an expired licence until the application is approved or refused in which case you will be informed in writing. That would only apply in this country not abroad.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I have been trying to renew my PCV and LGV licence since May. As I’m over 70 I have to renew every year. I have to have a medical and complete the D4 form. Last year the DVLA waived the medical because of Covid and renewed my licence without a D4. This year I asked the question “Do I need a D4” they emailed back saying no. I submitted the renewal form and my licence only for it to be returned weeks later requesting a D4. I had a medical and submitted the renewal again with the completed D4 on 2nd August. Still waiting for it to come back!! If the DVLA have received a VALID application you can still continue to drive on an expired licence until the application is approved or refused in which case you will be informed in writing. That would only apply in this country not abroad.

About 10 years ago I had a TGA which my doctor put on the form, so it went to the medical section of the DVLA which takes ages, after a couple of months I informed them I was going abroad and they sent me a letter to show that I was ok to drive while they investigated me.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I'm sorry but that is not correct you only have to pay if under 70 the from is not clear. As I said I did mine last year and had to send a photo there was no charge.
The forms are confusing, but I agree with Lenny HB .

I renewed my C1 for the second time in May this year and was told I needed to submit a new photo. I managed to get a webchat with "Carolyn" in the DVLA, which I printed out. She confirmed that I did not have to pay for the photo renewal because "as this is also an over 70 renewal it is free of charge".

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I renewed my C1 for the second time in May this year and was told I needed to submit a new photo.
More worry! Those of us currently waiting for our Licence returning will now be hoping they don’t require a new photo causing even more delay . I understood they cross checked your Licence photo with that of your Passport.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
More worry! Those of us currently waiting for our Licence returning will now be hoping they don’t require a new photo causing even more delay . I understood they cross checked your Licence photo with that of your Passport.
Yes that's right providing you apply more than 56 days before your license expires.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
I am waiting as well keeping the C1sent the forms both off 21 st June as licence runs out 21 Sept no sign so far.
wife’s photo needed renewing (68) sent cheque for £17 but used the passport link, got licence back 10 days later. Have a cottage in France with storm damage to roof so need to take motorhome with us (4000 kg) wife but still waiting for my licence.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I am waiting as well keeping the C1sent the forms both off 21 st June as licence runs out 21 Sept no sign so far.
wife’s photo needed renewing (68) sent cheque for £17 but used the passport link, got licence back 10 days later. Have a cottage in France with storm damage to roof so need to take motorhome with us (4000 kg) wife but still waiting for my licence.
I do wonder what would happen if we actually applied for a licence through the lost/ renew option as to if they automatically sent one out based on the computer showing information.

OP
OP
P

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Yes that's right providing you apply more than 56 days before your license expires.
Lenny i didn't apply more than 56 days so according to my reckoning i need to pay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back