Duracell Coppertop batteries (1 Viewer)

Oct 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Bought some Duracell Coppertop batteries. But seem to go flat very quickly.

Googled AH and see when new Duracell are only hold 1.3 mAh

Varta rechargables £4.99 pack of 4 are 2.2 mAh ready charged. So not much dearer and re-chargable.

So won't buy Duracell or another non-rechargables again.

Last hundreds of charges and lot greener..

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I read a test of many brands of batteries and the winners on performance were own brand from Lidl or Aldi, sorry can't remember which one it was. The heavily promoted ones weren't so good. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I just bought 80 Varta AA batteries for about £22.50

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We get our AA and AAA batteries from one of the pound shops, they've one of the regular makes which are normally packs of 8 but often have up to 4 free ones. Do NOT under any circumstances by the really large packs of crappy ones that you haven't heard of before which should be avoided like the plague as the don't last and leak.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Rechargeables can have different capacities in the same size. Case of reading the label before you buy, and also whether you have the right capacity recharger. I know my home cordless phone I've got through quite a few of different capacities and only some work and hold charge due to the capacity and rate of charge. And there will be some gadjets that can be unsuited to rechargeable battery due to the way the power runs down and voltages change.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That much power they would last all of 10 seconds. :rofl:
I read a test of many brands of batteries and the winners on performance were own brand from Lidl or Aldi, sorry can't remember which one it was. The heavily promoted ones weren't so good. :)
Must be Aldi as I found the Lidl ones useless.
We get our AA and AAA batteries from one of the pound shops, they've one of the regular makes which are normally packs of 8 but often have up to 4 free ones. Do NOT under any circumstances by the really large packs of crappy ones that you haven't heard of before which should be avoided like the plague as the don't last and leak.
Agree.

Reactions: DBK

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Saw the same, John. They're from Lidls, Aerocell.
Lidl's had rechargeable AA and AAA in a couple of weeks ago, £2.99 for 4. Generally rechargeables are 1.2v.
Broken Link Removed

Reactions: DBK

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Single use batteries are actually quite green. They are entirely recycled into...of all things, fertiliser! Go figure as the yanks say.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Think I'm correct in saying Duracell will be 1.5v but rechargeable are only 1.2v.
Yes, correct. But non-rechargables have a steeper voltage drop as they discharge, and are soon down to 1.2V. Rechargables have a flatter discharge curve, and keep their voltage well until nearly flat. So not much to choose between them voltage-wise.

I got some Lidl AAA rechargables (not AAs) (TRONIC brand) and they are 950 mAh, which is quite good capacity-wise. Rechargables tend to self-discharge over several weeks, so not good for long term low-power use like clocks.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
They started making low self discharge AA batteries a few years ago Sanyo Eneloop and Panasonic Eneloop iirc

Edit: Yes I did recall correctly ?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
:) amazon appear several times & eneloop from above :?
no GP ReCyko tho :eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back