Duck Board (1 Viewer)

Dec 10, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I am looking to replace the duck board in the shower of our Chausson 630 as it’s very heavy, has anyone replaced theirs with a lighter one, if so what have you used.

Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You could take it out altogether and just put a mat in there and remove it when showering, plenty of example when googling:

Broken Link Removed

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
You could take it out altogether and just put a mat in there and remove it when showering, plenty of example when googling:

Broken Link Removed
This is exactly what we did with the duck board in our Chausson. We couldn't see the point of having it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
I made my own for our Swift Mondial, my feet were dangling in mid air when sitting on the loo. I used good timber of the size required and assembled it with stainless steel screws. I then fitted 16 buffer rubber feet to spread the load. It has served us well for around five years now. No need to remove for showering, in fact as the shower drainage is poor, it provides a dry platform for our feet even though the tray is still wet.

Geoff

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I made my own for our Swift Mondial, my feet were dangling in mid air when sitting on the loo. I used good timber of the size required and assembled it with stainless steel screws. I then fitted 16 buffer rubber feet to spread the load. It has served us well for around five years now. No need to remove for showering, in fact as the shower drainage is poor, it provides a dry platform for our feet even though the tray is still wet.

Geoff
We have a separate shower so no need for the duck board

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I wondered why it’s called a duck board. Mr google informed me that the expression came into being in WW1 as they were used in the trenches. I guess those poor men felt they were like ducks,trying to move about in all that mud and water.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I wondered why it’s called a duck board. Mr google informed me that the expression came into being in WW1 as they were used in the trenches. I guess those poor men felt they were like ducks,trying to move about in all that mud and water.
Probably more likely they felt like sitting ducks.:confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back