Ducato headlights - five years on. (1 Viewer)

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Hello, all.

Five years ago, when I imported our Ducato based Adria, I had to fit RHD headlights to get it through the DVLA process. I bought a pair, and then sold them and refitted the LHD headlights, as we use the MoHo almost exclusively outside the UK.

When it became due for its MoT the local garage whacked a bit of black tape on the lights for me so that it met the dazzle standard. I then took the tape off for another 12 months, and so on.

As my friendly garage owner is nearing retirement, I am beginning to fret I won't find anybody quite so readily accommodating. Although I probably could aim the lights at a wall, and stick tape in the right place, but I was wondering...

Did I sell the RHD ones to any Funster (I can't remember, and my eBay records don't go back that far), and if so do you want to sell them back? And..
Does anybody have a pair of RHD Ducato X290 (2011 on) headlights they want to sell?

Next step is to contact breakers, unless somebody has a bright idea.

Thanks

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Don't know if these are the same ones for a swap?
Broken Link Removed
DP

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
I Just had to re order some ( Failed delivery ). I had to go and check if the h/lamps were "Electric or cable dipping controlled" for this seller... They were Electric 2017 ( And i now know.... Where the switch is...RESULT !!) :rolleyes: (y).
Tea Bag:unsure:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just use tape or beam deflectors for the MOT. Although you need the correct headlamps to register an import its not necessary for an MOT.

OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Thanks for all the input. For clarity, I just need these UK lights to allay my fears that any new garage I use will not be as co-operative as the one iI currently use. As soon as the MoT is done, and I'm on the ferry, the tape comes off. As I said, the garage tapes them up using the beam setter, then does the MoT.

I will be able to tape them myself - it is just my anal nature to want to have a fall-back plan.

it seems there are a few on the second hand market, though they seem to attract high prices, so if it becomes an issue I'll follow that route.

I wish I hadn't sold the original pair!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
oh god never thought of headlight adjust for van.... new van has loads of headlight bulbs argh.Old one didnt and had possibly weak lights that never bothered the French... something else to add to never ending list xx

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Keeping old RHD Ducati lights. but just fitted Fiat Ducati PVC LHD headlights. Source. Broken Link Removed
Brand new and working... Euro.246.95 ( Includes IVA @ 23%..)... Jobs a good 'un.
Tea Bag

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
How about some headlamp protectors and leave the tape on. If the mot station argue the toss you will at least have the tape on the protectors as a guide.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back