Ducato fuel tank access panel - what's the yellow plastic thing? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

rwg

Sep 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
Since 2021
I popped up the access panel between the seats today while poking around looking for ways to run cables through the van, and there was this yellow plastic thing sitting on what I think is the fuel tank access hatch

PXL_20230113_110222409.jpg

It looks about the right size to do something useful, and the bit at the bottom left clips over the lip of the circular cover, but there is nothing obvious for the ring at the top right to connect to. After scratching my head a bit, I just left it where it was and fixed the access panel back in place.

Anyone know if it is supposed to be there? Does it have a purpose?

cheers,

Robin

OP
OP
rwg

rwg

Sep 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
Since 2021
That makes sense now - the right tool left in the right place!!!

thanks,

Robin

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
More like a fancy cable tie somebody has dropped in there at some point. Nothing like that on my pump

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Never owned a Fiat, but that doesn't look like a fuel tank cover to me ? 🤷‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Never seen one of those before and certainly didn't have them with our PVCs when I was under the hatches for various reasons.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
It's a doodlestrongen that you can use for lots of different things, it's a really useful item, I lost mine when we sold our previous motorhome ...... I always wondered what happened to it ....

:unsure: :LOL::LOL:

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I popped up the access panel between the seats today while poking around looking for ways to run cables through the van, and there was this yellow plastic thing sitting on what I think is the fuel tank access hatch

View attachment 706009

It looks about the right size to do something useful, and the bit at the bottom left clips over the lip of the circular cover, but there is nothing obvious for the ring at the top right to connect to. After scratching my head a bit, I just left it where it was and fixed the access panel back in place.

Anyone know if it is supposed to be there? Does it have a purpose?

cheers,

Robin
Probably started life as a desk cable tidy but due to WFH nobody was in the office so it made a bid for freedom and ended up as a stowaway hoping to get to France :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Would the yellow thing be for securing the float on the sender before it’s installed, so it doesn’t get damaged before installation? Just a guess as I’ve never fitted a Ducato pump/sender unit. Made sense with little hook thing on end and that.

OP
OP
rwg

rwg

Sep 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
Since 2021
Well, it wouldn't be the first random thing I've found when working on the van. Plenty of dropped screws, plastic clips, etc. I presume that during construction of the van and during conversion it's easier to just reach for another from the box than to work out where the thing you have dropped has gone...

Thanks for all the suggestions. Still a bit of a mystery, but since it doesn't even rattle I will leave it where it is. 😊

Cheers

Robin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back