Ducato alternator

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Patrick, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Patrick

Patrick

Ratings:
    +11
    Can anyone tell me what Amps a 1998 fiat ducato alternator would be.... please?

patrick

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Ratings:
    +13,027
    Hi Patrick
    what engine?? but basically a choice of 3 and two different pulley systems:Doh:
    V belt or Grooved
    Bigger is better given the extra work a Motorhome alternator has to do:thumb:
    80A
    110A
    120A
    Geo

3. Patrick

Patrick

Ratings:
    +11
    OOps, i don't know but will look tomorrow, I think the darn thing is only accessable from underneeth the van. thought there might be a sticker on the engine bay telling me.

will let you know tomorrow G!

cheers my mate!

4. estcres

estcres

Ratings:
    +767
    I have a 1999 Ducato and when the alternator was playing up I made enquiries about a replacement thinking they were straight forward 1 to 1 replacements.

I was reliably informed there were 5 different models listed for my vehicle and they could only give me a price if I got the alternator details from the fitted one.

As you say, you can only get to the alternator from underneath and to make it easier I put mine up on levelling blocks which gave me a bit more room to work.

Hope this is helpful.