Drivers to get automatic points for ignoring M/way X signs. (1 Viewer)

Tea break

Free Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
It’s about time they done something to stop the ignorant drivers who think they are to good to obey the rules of the road like the majority of us. To many selfish people around these days its me myself and I and sod the rest of you

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
With 50% of motorway speed restrictions and warning lights incorrect or misplaced, it is little wonder that some think the same about red cross lane restrictions. I wouldn't ignore a red cross myself but obviously some do. Smart motorways can be a nightmare when restrictions are in place as well as the red cross to restrict hard shoulder use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Never had a problem obaying the rules of the road I am no angel but speed limits are there for a reason red x must be ther for a reason stop sign must be there for a reason read traffic light must be thare for a reason
I get it how can't the morons get it as well
Bill ill

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I agree with fining people for poor driving, but how are they going to do this without identifying the driver of the vehicle first?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I agree with fining people for poor driving, but how are they going to do this without identifying the driver of the vehicle first?
Probably the same as they do for speeding, parking traffic lane violations i.e. bus lanes etc. Write to the owner stating your vehicle was seen in a restricted area. If you were the driver no action required, but if not state who was.:sneaky::sneaky:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The article is about automatic enforcement, otherwise is plain old normal enforcement as you outline in your post.
I was wondering what the difference was and how they were going to implement automatic enforcement.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
The article is about automatic enforcement, otherwise is plain old normal enforcement as you outline in your post.
I was wondering what the difference was and how they were going to implement automatic enforcement.
Reading the article, it appears to be auto detection and then used like auto speed camera etc for enforcement.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Good - might deter those "much admired" souls who like to carry on as long as possible in the closed lane past the queue, then shove in at the last moment......

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I've no problem with it as long as when the problem is over the sign is turned off. Unfortunately it often happens that they get forgotten about. Like passing the"fog" sign in brilliant sunshine in the afternoon.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Those X s need to be repeated at reasonable distance, if you are overtaking a supercube lorry they can quite easily block it from you and it doesn't come up again for a long way further on. Stupid idea that is going to cost many more lives than they already have done. It should be more obvious if they herd shoulder is working as a lane or not, they seem to be almost empty as nobody is quite sure and do n't want to be the only one in it as it might be a non lane at that time.

Oct 19, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Class C?
Exp
Returning to a motorhome.
I was very nearly killed in Germany on the autobahn when an idiot did this, came face to face with a coned off section, swerved into my lane missing my front wheel by a whisker, scattering cones all over the place, gave me brown underwear and my fellow riders a grandstand view of what could have been their demise too. I have front and rear cameras on my bike and thought I had enough memory to last till we got back to our holiday let, but found out the camera had written over the footage. It would have made amazing footage on Youtube.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back