Dripping Toilet (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Dripping Toilet, had a lovely weekend away, one small niggle, hubby noticed after flushing the loo, then closing the flap, when going back after short while to use the loo again, there was a good 3 inches of water sat on the blade, hubby said he thinks it is dripping from the flush pipe...any ideas why the water continues to drip from the flush pipe?
Any replies appreciated :pray: :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Snoopy
Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
If the flush is electric there must be a solenoid valve to leak, there will be some muck in the valve seat. Maybe šŸ˜Š
Thanyou, hubby used puriclean and a descaler the 1st time we used the toilet, we did notice that black particles come out the flush, last year never noticed that! But hubby said 1st time he had used the descaler, only had zebedee couple of years.

OP
OP
Snoopy
Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Black particles could be algi in the pipes.
Lenny HB seems now hubby has used descaler it has cleared particles through..zebedee is 2003 so as far as we know:unsure: it may never have been done before?..would you think it would be worth doing it again? May clear it thoroughly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If the van has been left unsed for long periods could well have algi in the pipes Yes well worth doing again.
If it still dripping after take the soinoid out and see if you can clean it.

OP
OP
Snoopy
Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Camp Fire Summer GIF
So just an update also to say thanks for all that have advice ..after all its a new solenoid needed,( phew ) so get that sorted, then back to the next adventure...good old zebedee. :clap:

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
So just an update also to say thanks for all that have advice ..after all its a new solenoid needed,( phew ) so get that sorted, then back to the next adventure...good old zebedee.
Sorry, only just noticed this thread. A bit wise after the event, but the solenoid can be cracked by freezing if you don't blow the water out of the pipes (including the toilet flush) when you drain down for the winter layup.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Sorry, only just noticed this thread. A bit wise after the event, but the solenoid can be cracked by freezing if you don't blow the water out of the pipes (including the toilet flush) when you drain down for the winter layup.
That's exactly the cause of our bowl valve trying to siphon the fresh water tank contents through the flushing system. I had to change the solenoid valve under the bowl. It's a right faff of a job, having to work blindly from the cassette locker. A mirror comes in very handy. ;)

Ever since then, I blow out the system when draining down, by removing the shower head, and blow through the hose with all taps open. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Snoopy
Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Much appreciated, both JockandRita and autorouter, definitely will be doing that, incense solenoid done (y) ::bigsmile:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That's exactly the cause of our bowl valve trying to siphon the fresh water tank contents through the flushing system. I had to change the solenoid valve under the bowl. It's a right faff of a job, having to work blindly from the cassette locker. A mirror comes in very handy. ;)

Ever since then, I blow out the system when draining down, by removing the shower head, and blow through the hose with all taps open. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Much appreciated, both JockandRita and autorouter, definitely will be doing that, incense solenoid done (y) ::bigsmile:
A heavy duty balloon blown up and then held over the shower pipe (or taps) to blow through can work very well. A bit of a faff to get it right (pinching the balloon with one hand whilst fixing the end over the pipe end) but works really well

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I had to change the solenoid valve under the bowl. It's a right faff of a job, having to work blindly from the cassette locker. A mirror comes in very handy.
When mine goes it won't be a problem dead easy to get at 5 min job, had it out when doing my SOG roof vent conversion.

Mar 11, 2019
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ A520
Exp
Since 2013
Black particles could also be water filter granules from a burst water filter, it happened to me once and I had to cable an EVERY water outlet. Got rid of the filter after that!!!!

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Thanyou, hubby used puriclean and a descaler the 1st time we used the toilet, we did notice that black particles come out the flush, last year never noticed that! But hubby said 1st time he had used the descaler, only had zebedee couple of years.
Apparently the black particles are black mould which apparently is caused by using pink flush in the flushing tank.

OP
OP
Snoopy
Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
We had the filter checked thankfully looked in good condition and clean so that was good.
Appreciate your replies (y)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Lenny HB seems now hubby has used descaler it has cleared particles through..zebedee is 2003 so as far as we know:unsure: it may never have been done before?..would you think it would be worth doing it again? May clear it thoroughly.
I think the black particles are a by product of using the Rose Toilet Fluid that gives a fresh aroma but lots of black crap. If it's really bad, we open a window or roof vent, or issue the obligatory @I'd give it 5 minutes if I were you' advisory statement ...:rolleyes:

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back