Aug 14, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
15 years
Hi All Funsters,
Have just been into my Pilote explorateur that I recently purchased an upon opening one of the wardrobe found a degree of mould on the inside wall. It is a puzzle because it is not an outside panel. I can only think back in October we did have water ingress from a badly fitted solar panel could it be it did not dry out properly and the mould has formed because of it?
How do I clean it so that it kills it off and what is the best way to dry it out and treat.
IN PANIC GLAD OF HELP.

Bertboy

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Leave the doors of the cupboards open to aid air flow and check with a damp meter.

Hopefully your leak has been cured and the problem is just musty air/condensation.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
White Vinegar will get rid of mould and it is not as dangerous as using neat bleach. Until you have cleaned the cupboard out completely and washed down all the surfaces don't create any drafts and be careful when moving about. Air flow can spread the spours of mould. Once everything is clean you need ventilation to stop it so leave cupboard doors open.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not sure about the construction but the mould coming back suggests there is wet timber behind the wallboard only course of action to be sure is to strip the wallboard off.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Once you have treated the mould then check with a damp meter. Obviously once the treatment is dry.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back