Download speed on different devices via same router? (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I am using a Samsung A6 as a hotspot, download speed via Ookla on the device itself around 12Mbs, when connected to laptop similar speed, when connected to Asus tablet download speed reduced to 0.4 Mbs.

Any ideas why or how to solve?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
How weird. Could the Asus, recognising it is on WiFi, be doing something like backing up photos or doing an update?

I would try again in half an hour.

OP
OP

Deleted User
How weird. Could the Asus, recognising it is on WiFi, be doing something like backing up photos or doing an update?

I would try again in half an hour.

It's been like this for a few days but I assumed at first it was the Samsung not sending out a good signal, I have only today tried the speedtest on my laptop with the noted results.

All apps etc on the Asus are set to not upload anything, all cloud systems disabled, I was caught out with that previously.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Very odd - and no doubt annoying. :(

It is, I use the tablet for reading the papers etc in bed, which it just about manages so not too inconvenient but very puzzling.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Strange you should mention this today.
Jill said earlier that her PC download speed was slow but her phone (used at the same time to compare) was fine.
I've been having no problem with my PC (same model though closer to the router).
It must be something (yet to be investigated) to do with her PC.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I have found that different wireless chips and aerials make a big difference. I can speed my old notebook up a fair bit by using an external wifi chip and aerial. Perhaps one of the devices is better equiped. Also I have noticed slower download speeds if the wifi channel is being shared by other devices. I also believe that some hotspot devices have only one chip for receiving, sending and sharing, I guess that if that chip is working hard receiving and forwarding data it is going to slow down.

OP
OP

Deleted User
I have found that different wireless chips and aerials make a big difference. I can speed my old notebook up a fair bit by using an external wifi chip and aerial. Perhaps one of the devices is better equiped. Also I have noticed slower download speeds if the wifi channel is being shared by other devices. I also believe that some hotspot devices have only one chip for receiving, sending and sharing, I guess that if that chip is working hard receiving and forwarding data it is going to slow down.

I am fairly sure that it is something to do with the tablet though, and not the phone as it connects with the lap top OK and gives good speeds.

I would have no idea how to use an external wifi chip, with or without an aerial.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Bump......any techies out there?

Just to add that the tablet connects to mifi on same network with good speeds.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back