Donnington Park viewing spots?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles and Motorhomes' started by Vanman, May 13, 2018.

1. Vanman

Vanman Funster

Ratings:
    +1,510
    Camping at the WSBK later this month and as I have only been briefly before I wondered if anyone could recommend good places to view the bikes from. We're allergic to catch fencing and grandstands so isolated bits of normal fencing would be our preference as we like to be fairly trackside.

Thanks (y)

2. Chipster

Chipster Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +549
    I used to like Craner all the way up to Schwantz. See the drop down exit from Redgate. Fairly open there. Although it will be busy for SBK. Most of Donnington is good. The opposite side infield is even better if you can get. It’s higher up.

• Like it Like it x 2
  3. PhilG

PhilG Funster

Ratings:
    +3,074
    I stopped going to Donington cos its hard to get close anywhere decent,and they made the top end of the circuit out of bounds, but we usually watched from the inside, halfway between the old Hairpin and Starkeys.. you get to see them for a fair bit, even if its not close up. And its WSB so a big screen might make you decision easier.

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. Yorick

Yorick Funster

Ratings:
    +12,349
    Yeah, we always watched on the infield, by the old Spitfire. Got a superb view :)

• Like it Like it x 1