alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
:Sad: Sounds brilliant.... but I am thick with technology so didn't understand any of it.....:Sad::cry: It certainly seems a good deal for anyone who can use it though. :thumb:
Hi Hun,nothing complicated about it ,if you have a mobile phone ,itll most likely have blue tooth:thumb: also if on contract itll probably come with free internet connection.If it has both of these you can either just plug your phone into your computer via a cable or conect to it via blue tooth. tell it to conect to internet and thats it. Like I said nothiing complicated at all. But it is a little slower. If you have windows no software required either. Win 7 just clik on connect to internet Alan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:thumb:Thanks Alan. You explained that really well and I understand better now. Much appreciated.

Rick are you saying that you get 12 months dongle connection, all in, for £75. or have I misunderstood.

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
:thumb:

I don't know why other people use dongles but I know why I do...

I have a Nokia E72 smart phone... you can surf the net on it... email on it... post on Fun with it... use it as a modem with your laptop either by bluetooth or cable connection (bit faster)... Skype on it... but I also have a dongle (actually no dongle as the dongle sim card fits inside my latop but effectively the same thing) because I have a contract for unlimited use at 5.6 mb per second. The smart phone doesn't touch it for speed when used as a modem and if you use Youtube and the like, speed matters... :thumb: :thumb:

JJ
If speed is inportant your so right ,:thumb::thumb: I dont mind it being slower ,but what I do like is no hassle ,constanly great for connection,if I can call I can connect and best of all its totally free with no extra charge's :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Mine is with my works contract so on 02 no problems £10.75 per month 3 gig.

having said that if I were looking now I would go for 3 as all phone sellers I know have recomended them over their own service, also you can get 12 gig dongle £75.00 use within a year buy another and go again seems like a reasonable deal, but I am sure some one will know better.

Hope this helps Rick.
My wifes on 02 and she loves it :thumb::thumb: I like T mobile never lost a connection:thumb:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I'm on a basic PAYG tariff with Orange as I hardly ever use it to phone out - but it's useful for people to ring me on. Orange are doing what seems a fairly good deal for existing customers: Link Removed with 500 MB per month for just £5 per month on a 12-month contract (with existing customer discount). They reckon that gives you 35 e-mails plus 1.5 hours web browsing per day - which would be ample for me. :Smile:

The 12 GB dongle from 3 with 12 month expiry is currently £81.99:
http://threestore.three.co.uk/payg/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=DSLPP526 and still seems a pretty good deal, especially if their coverage is wider than Orange's.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back